Need VB5 code to interface with vbSendMail.dll
Author Message
 Need VB5 code to interface with vbSendMail.dll

I have a VB5 program that currently sends emails to customers using MAPI and
Outlook/OE.

I would like to use the vbSendMail.dll instead so that I can control the
senders name and email address.  The vbSendmail.dll documentation has code
examples for VB6 but not VB5.

Need help!

Thanks

Sun, 15 Jul 2012 04:36:16 GMT
 Need VB5 code to interface with vbSendMail.dll
There shouldn't be any syntactic difference between VB6 and VB5.  So, AFAIK,
just use the example code, "As Is."  Naturally, I cannot offer any
guarantees, but I've never run into any issues.

Dick

--
Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net

Sun, 15 Jul 2012 05:32:42 GMT
 Need VB5 code to interface with vbSendMail.dll
Dick,

Thanks for the reply, I specifically need VB5 code for:

Private WithEvents poSendmail  as vbSendMail.clsSendmail

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Sdet poSendMail = New clsSendMail
End Sub

Help!

Quote:

> There shouldn't be any syntactic difference between VB6 and VB5.  So, AFAIK,
> just use the example code, "As Is."  Naturally, I cannot offer any
> guarantees, but I've never run into any issues.

>{*filter*}

> --
> Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
> Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net
> Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th
> Edition ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004, Revised July
> 2006.

> .

Sun, 15 Jul 2012 06:35:01 GMT
 Need VB5 code to interface with vbSendMail.dll

Quote:
>{*filter*},

> Thanks for the reply, I specifically need VB5 code for:

> Private WithEvents poSendmail  as vbSendMail.clsSendmail

> Private Sub Form_Load()
>    Sdet poSendMail = New clsSendMail
> End Sub

> Help!

Other than an apparent "Sdet" typo (always COPY and PASTE your code), that
should work fine in VB5. You're going to have to provide more information.
For example, are you getting an error message and if so, what is it?

Just to make sure...you DO have that declaration in the form, right?

--
Mike

Sun, 15 Jul 2012 07:46:13 GMT
 Need VB5 code to interface with vbSendMail.dll
Have you added the Reference to the vbSendMail dll?  And, has the dll been
registered?

What error message is displayed?

--
Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net
Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th
Edition ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004, Revised July
2006.

Mon, 16 Jul 2012 04:01:52 GMT

1. Creating a wrapper/dll for my C++ code to interface with VB

2. MSC-DLL Call by p-code exe and by native code exe (VB5)

3. Porting C to VB5.0 and C DLL Interfacing

4. Question about interfacing DLLs with VB5/VBA5

5. Need Serial CommPort interface code!!

6. Help needed: interface VB with Watcom Fortran DLL

7. How do I use vbSendMail with this Project?

8. Just got VB5, I have a question about the VB5 MDI Interface

9. Calling VB5 DLL with another VB5 DLL results in crashes

10. Inbox Agent...Exprint.exe old Exchange AppFarm example...need Launcher.dll C++ source code

11. Need code for VB5.0

12. Need VB5.0 code to create a Mortgage Calculator