how to consolidate excel files into one file with each old file be
Author Message
 how to consolidate excel files into one file with each old file be

Is there a way to take excel files and consolidate them into several sheets
in one file through some sort of programming?

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 02:43:07 GMT
 how to consolidate excel files into one file with each old file be

Quote:
> Is there a way to take excel files and consolidate them into several sheets
> in one file through some sort of programming?

Yes, export each to (and appending those) csv and figure out why this
is a vb6/5/4 question, oh grumpy... think I picked it up here...
Programming might be involved, or macro (VBA), whatever...
I would try printing them, but looking at the Q, Im not quite shure,
there will be several sheets... PDF printer?

//CY

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 03:51:24 GMT
 how to consolidate excel files into one file with each old file be

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 how to consolidate excel files into one file with each old file be
Maybe I didn't ask my question well.  I have a script that I am running that
runs another program that creates all of these excel files.  I would then
like to either add to the script or create a seperate executable using vb
which will take all the excel files and make them worksheets in one excel
file.  This way the user doesn't have to go into each excel file and either
export, copy, etc.  Thanks for the help.
Quote:

> > Is there a way to take excel files and consolidate them into several sheets
> > in one file through some sort of programming?

> Yes, export each to (and appending those) csv and figure out why this
> is a vb6/5/4 question, oh grumpy... think I picked it up here...
> Programming might be involved, or macro (VBA), whatever...
> I would try printing them, but looking at the Q, Im not quite shure,
> there will be several sheets... PDF printer?

> //CY

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 04:16:26 GMT
 how to consolidate excel files into one file with each old file be

Quote:
> Maybe I didn't ask my question well.  I have a script that I am running
> that
> runs another program that creates all of these excel files.  I would then
> like to either add to the script or create a seperate executable using vb
> which will take all the excel files and make them worksheets in one excel
> file.  This way the user doesn't have to go into each excel file and
> either
> export, copy, etc.  Thanks for the help.

This can easily be done in Excel VBA, I've done it many times. You'll find
all the code needed in the excel programming archive.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any code is easily ported to a stand alone VB exe after referencing the
Excel library.

The simplest way to do this is to write a Dir loop to find each excel file
after they're created. You'll instantiate a new instance of Excel and use
this as the final spreadsheet. As you loop through your Dir of all the Excel
files you'll open each one and get the used range of data and insert it into
a new sheet in the final version, rinse, repeat.

HTH

Matt

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 04:32:18 GMT

1. Using FSO to append multiple .csv excel files into one file

2. Excel file opened in IE3 - on one machine starts Excel, others does not

3. How to figure out which file in a directory is the oldest one

4. Copying .mdb files to floppy -- overwriting the old ones

5. Saving Excel file to Excel file

6. Old Sleep and old Files commands in VB?

7. Consolidate projects without prompt to save the included project files

8. RichTextBox: How do I consolidate multiple RTF files

9. Consolidated .CAB file

10. A2K Startup "Cannot file the file....(or one of it's components)

11. Combining files with different header content into one file

12. COMBINING QB45 OBJ FILES TO ONE FILE