BorderStyle 4 - Fixed ToolWindow
Author Message
 BorderStyle 4 - Fixed ToolWindow

Hello,

I have a tool window form with BorderStyle 4 - Fixed ToolWindow.
This form can be moved anywhere on the screen. Is this correct
to do it this way or do I need to keep the tool window inside the
area of the main form, and if so, how can I do this?

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:15:43 GMT
 BorderStyle 4 - Fixed ToolWindow

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have a tool window form with BorderStyle 4 - Fixed ToolWindow.
> This form can be moved anywhere on the screen. Is this correct
> to do it this way or do I need to keep the tool window inside the
> area of the main form, and if so, how can I do this?

It's entirely up to you. It may be beneficial to not have the tool window
covering up any part of the main window. You should make the main window its
owner though.  Then, if the user minimizes the main window, the tool window
will automatically hide (and subsequently become visible again when the main
window is restored). It also means the tool window will automatically unload
when the main window is unloaded. If you don't make the main window the
owner, you'll have to write code to do these same things.

--
Mike

Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:30:35 GMT

1. Type mismatch error when using show method on MDI Child with borderstyle=4 (fixed toolwindow)

2. BUG? MDI - child form set to fixed toolwindow (borderstyle = 4)

3. Borderstyle Fixed Dialog - behaves oddly with msgboxes

4. MDI parent forms and 'fixed borderstyle'

5. Fixed String and Fixed Array

6. Toolwindow problems...

7. Do not deactivate a toolwindow

8. Question about ToolWindow and minimize buttons

9. VB4 minimizable toolwindow

10. How to keep a toolwindow always on top?

11. OK -- fixed the big problem -- how to fix little one

12. How can I dock a toolwindow?