Further Crystal question
Author Message
 Further Crystal question

Hello all:

Further to the earlier question on Crystal I posted, I am looking for
Crystal Reports 7 libraries.
I installed the version of Crystal that came with VB6, but it doesn't seem
to be the right version
and I get an error when I try to add the references in VB.  The missing
references are:

Crystal Report 7 ActiveX Designer Run Time
Crystal Report Engine 7 Object Library
Crystal Reports 7 Library

Does anyone know where I can get the correct libraries and OCX?

John.

Thu, 09 Dec 2010 19:14:02 GMT
 Further Crystal question

Quote:
> Hello all:

> Further to the earlier question on Crystal I posted, I am looking for
> Crystal Reports 7 libraries.
> I installed the version of Crystal that came with VB6, but it doesn't seem
> to be the right version

Not hardly. I think that was v4.0 or perhaps 4.5 and it's a scaled-down
version. It's actually the exact version that was included with VB5 and THAT
was the same as what was included with VB4 (pretty sure about that anyway).
VB6 replaced CR with the Report Designer and CR is only "included" with VB6
(it was never actually "officially" supported in VB6) for those that didn't
want to switch to Report Designer or some other reporting engine.

Quote:
> and I get an error when I try to add the references in VB.  The missing
> references are:

> Crystal Report 7 ActiveX Designer Run Time
> Crystal Report Engine 7 Object Library
> Crystal Reports 7 Library

> Does anyone know where I can get the correct libraries and OCX?

You're probably not going to find them for free...at least not where you
could use CR in the IDE. You're going to have to buy Crystal Reports and you
probably won't be able to find version 7 anymore.  CR's up to version 11,
possibly even 12 now.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:01:41 GMT

1. execute code from a database far, far away?

2. Further dumb questions...

3. Further question relating to accessing e-mail progs using shell32

4. Further question relating to accessing e-mail progs using shell32

5. Further mouse simulation question...using VB4

6. Further Question: Automating IE Login to Web Page with VBScript

7. Need further explanation of Transcender test question RE load balancing

8. closing access from code doesn't work, see further down

9. Please Help So Close yet so far away (Access97)

10. further help

11. Borland newsgroup are far more responsible...

12. further help with formating pics