VPN Connection in VB6 Application
Author Message
 VPN Connection in VB6 Application

Hi there,

I'm trying to develope an application that can create and estabelish a VPN
connection withou the user's intervention, something like, when clicking a
button, it will create the connection, with predefined parameters (such as
address - like something.org, login name and password) and after that, a
network drive could be maped (such as G: \\Server\Folder - this of course
being inside the something.org) and in the end, when application is closed,
another set of instructions could be issued in order to desconnect the drive
and close the VPN connection.

Is there any way to do this in VB 6.0, say, thrrough API?

Does any one knows how to do it?

I would apretiate a little help.

Please be so kind to post in this newsgroup.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Nlio Abreu

Mon, 20 Jun 2011 06:25:03 GMT
 VPN Connection in VB6 Application
Hi Privado,

It's been years since I've done RAS stuff, but basically what you need to do
is create a RAS entry, "dial" it, then when finished close it ("hang up")
and then delete it.  I have most of the RAS routines on my archives :
http://billmccarthy.com/Projects/Archived/PlatformVB/

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I'm trying to develope an application that can create and estabelish a VPN
> connection withou the user's intervention, something like, when clicking a
> button, it will create the connection, with predefined parameters (such as
> address - like something.org, login name and password) and after that, a
> network drive could be maped (such as G: \\Server\Folder - this of course
> being inside the something.org) and in the end, when application is
> closed, another set of instructions could be issued in order to desconnect
> the drive and close the VPN connection.

> Is there any way to do this in VB 6.0, say, thrrough API?

> Does any one knows how to do it?

> I would apretiate a little help.

> Please be so kind to post in this newsgroup.

> Thank you.

> Best Regards

> N lio Abreu

Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:25:05 GMT
 VPN Connection in VB6 Application
Much Apreciatet Bill. That's gone help me a lot.
Have a very happy new year.

Nlio Abreu

Quote:
> Hi Privado,

> It's been years since I've done RAS stuff, but basically what you need to
> do is create a RAS entry, "dial" it, then when finished close it ("hang
> up") and then delete it.  I have most of the RAS routines on my archives :
> http://billmccarthy.com/Projects/Archived/PlatformVB/

>> Hi there,

>> I'm trying to develope an application that can create and estabelish a
>> VPN connection withou the user's intervention, something like, when
>> clicking a button, it will create the connection, with predefined
>> parameters (such as address - like something.org, login name and
>> password) and after that, a network drive could be maped (such as G:
>> \\Server\Folder - this of course being inside the something.org) and in
>> the end, when application is closed, another set of instructions could be
>> issued in order to desconnect the drive and close the VPN connection.

>> Is there any way to do this in VB 6.0, say, thrrough API?

>> Does any one knows how to do it?

>> I would apretiate a little help.

>> Please be so kind to post in this newsgroup.

>> Thank you.

>> Best Regards

>> Nlio Abreu

Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:32:26 GMT
 VPN Connection in VB6 Application
Hi Nlio,

Thanks Likewise wishing you a happy new year. :)

Quote:
> Much Apreciatet Bill. That's gone help me a lot.
> Have a very happy new year.

> Nlio Abreu

>> Hi Privado,

>> It's been years since I've done RAS stuff, but basically what you
>> need to do is create a RAS entry, "dial" it, then when finished
>> close it ("hang up") and then delete it.  I have most of the RAS
>> routines on my archives :
>> http://billmccarthy.com/Projects/Archived/PlatformVB/ "Privado"

>>> Hi there,

>>> I'm trying to develope an application that can create and
>>> estabelish a VPN connection withou the user's intervention,
>>> something like, when clicking a button, it will create the
>>> connection, with predefined parameters (such as address - like
>>> something.org, login name and password) and after that, a network
>>> drive could be maped (such as G: \\Server\Folder - this of course
>>> being inside the something.org) and in the end, when application is
>>> closed, another set of instructions could be issued in order to
>>> desconnect the drive and close the VPN connection. Is there any way to
>>> do this in VB 6.0, say, thrrough API?

>>> Does any one knows how to do it?

>>> I would apretiate a little help.

>>> Please be so kind to post in this newsgroup.

>>> Thank you.

>>> Best Regards

>>> Nlio Abreu

Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:01:52 GMT

1. Set up VPN connection in VBA

2. Set up VPN connection in VBA

3. Set up VPN connection in VBA

4. creating a vpn connection programmatically

5. control vpn connection with visual basic

6. How to create a VPN & Dialup connection

7. Create a vpn connection programmatically

8. Script for logging users on through VPN connection

9. How to create a VPN Connection ???

10. Establishing a VPN connection

11. Script Creation of VPN Connection in W2K Pro

12. Creating an Invisivle VPN connection in Visual BASIC 6