Opening Txt Files
Author Message
 Opening Txt Files

Is it possible to open text files from a web page or ftp site??

Tue, 07 Dec 2010 01:33:37 GMT
 Opening Txt Files

Quote:
> Is it possible to open text files from a web page or ftp site??

p.s. using vb6

Tue, 07 Dec 2010 01:35:05 GMT
 Opening Txt Files

Quote:
>> Is it possible to open text files from a web page or ftp site??
> p.s. using vb6

Yes. Just a couple of threads back is one entitled "How to grab webpage
using vb". Read that. The concept is the same no matter what type of file
you're getting; a file is a file is a file.

Tue, 07 Dec 2010 01:48:46 GMT
 Opening Txt Files

Quote:
>> Is it possible to open text files from a web page or ftp site??
> p.s. using vb6

I believe your best bet is to download the file so it exists locally on the user's computer. If you need to know how to do that,
googling will surely find many posts on this.

--
Mike
Microsoft Visual Basic MVP

Tue, 07 Dec 2010 02:26:28 GMT
 Opening Txt Files

Quote:
> I believe your best bet is to download the file so it exists locally on the user's computer. If you need to know how to do that,
> googling will surely find many posts on this.

> --
> Mike
> Microsoft Visual Basic MVP

I can do that but i want the file to be able to be opened by several
computers as it will hold usernames, passwords etc. also that webpage
grab doesnt work there is no function called InternetOpen, it is
possible that it is 4 vb.net

Tue, 07 Dec 2010 03:49:10 GMT
 Opening Txt Files

Quote:
>> I believe your best bet is to download the file so it exists locally on
>> the user's computer. If you need to know how to do that,
>> googling will surely find many posts on this.

>> --
>> Mike
>> Microsoft Visual Basic MVP

> I can do that but i want the file to be able to be opened by several
> computers as it will hold usernames, passwords etc. also that webpage
> grab doesnt work there is no function called InternetOpen, it is
> possible that it is 4 vb.net

No, InternetOpen() is a Windows API function and must be declared. It is not
automatically available to your VB program. Follow the first link in
mayayana's reply to the thread I pointed you to.

Tue, 07 Dec 2010 03:54:37 GMT
 Opening Txt Files

Quote:

See http://vb.mvps.org/samples/NetGrab
--
.NET: It's About Trust!
 http://vfred.mvps.org

Sun, 12 Dec 2010 06:32:19 GMT

1. Question: Opening .txt file with vba

2. open txt file and read strings

3. Opening .txt file in BASIC

4. opening txt file

5. Newbie Here...Need Simple Code to Open txt file

6. How to open *.txt file

7. Help in opening TXT files

8. Opening TXT file on a server

9. Open TXT files in Visual Basic

10. Adding .TXT files to a VB program without the .TXT file

11. opening a .txt file in ASP

12. open a txt file for the user to view and read