Raising an Event
Author Message
 Raising an Event

I have an event based windows program I'm developing using VB and
Visual Studio 2005.  I have a Data Grid View that's on my dialog box,
and I want to do some validation when I select one of the rows in the
Grid View.  The best solution is to validate all the entries before I
build the list for the DataGridView, but it takes to long to load when
I do that.  So I decided to try to validate the entries as the user
selects an entry.  I have some event handlers set up by the tool; one
is the DataGridView1_CellEnter.  I wanted to validate the selected
entry in the list in the CellEnter event, but if the entry is not
valid, I want to raise a Cell_Leave event from within the Cell_Enter
event.  Can I do that?  I wanted to automatically select the next
entry in the list, if the first one is not valid.  I hope I'm
explaining it so it's understandable.   Any input would be
appreciated.  Thanks...

Fri, 20 Jan 2012 04:01:10 GMT
 Raising an Event

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Raising an Event

Quote:
> I have an event based windows program I'm developing using VB and
> Visual Studio 2005.

The question has been addressed elsewhere, in one of the other groups
you've posted to.

Please do not post the same message to different groups.  Post one
message to all appropreate groups so that all groups participate in the
discussion.  When you post the same message to different groups, no
one knows what has been said in the other groups.  To include the
appropreate groups, send the one message to multiple groups using
the comma in the To (or Newsgroup) field to separate the different
group names.

For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting

LFS

Fri, 20 Jan 2012 04:18:28 GMT
 Raising an Event

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Raising an Event

Quote:
> I have an event based windows program I'm developing
> using VB and Visual Studio 2005 . . .

You have posted your question in the wrong newsgroup. This group is for
Classic Visual Basic (VB6 and previous versions). The product you are using
is something completely different and it has its own completely different
newsgroup. VB6 code does not work in VB.Net and VB.Net code does not work in
VB6. Try posting your question to a VB.Net newsgroup, such as
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Mike

Fri, 20 Jan 2012 04:41:32 GMT

1. raising an event log event from the workstation

2. Class raising an event from another class?

3. Raising an event

4. Detecting which control raised an event

5. Automatically raising an event...

6. Raise Click event

7. Raising an event on a background thread

8. TAB key doesn't raise KeyPress event

9. TAB key doesn't raise KeyPress event

10. raising an event from an activeX control on a htm page in a webbrower control

11. Raising an event in a AcitveX

12. raise an event from a form of an ActiveX dll