Drawing Guidelines
Author Message
 Drawing Guidelines

Hi all,

Another Query, i am in the process of creating a custom word processor
in VB6. Supposing each printable page is a Form, how can i draw
vertical or horizontal Guidelines that wont get printed and also wont
be visible in snapshots?
what's the trick to do that? any idea?

thanx in advance

gaanam

Fri, 09 Mar 2012 23:28:31 GMT
 Drawing Guidelines

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Another Query, i am in the process of creating a custom word processor
> in VB6. Supposing each printable page is a Form, how can i draw
> vertical or horizontal Guidelines that wont get printed and also wont
> be visible in snapshots?
> what's the trick to do that? any idea?

If you mean snapshots by you in code, I would hide the guidelines the
instant before taking the snapshot. Another option is using a PictureBox for
the drawing and a transparent UserControl to draw the guidelines.

Fri, 09 Mar 2012 23:38:17 GMT
 Drawing Guidelines

Another option is using the almost considered useless "Line" control.

Fri, 09 Mar 2012 23:45:30 GMT
 Drawing Guidelines
Thank you NoBody, I can use PictureBox, yes. and Transparent
usercontrol.
I will try that

Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:07:27 GMT

1. Page Fault troubleshooting guidelines

2. Naming guidelines??

3. Using Namespace Aliases in VB.NET and coding guidelines

4. Guideline Contradiction?

5. Standards and Guidelines

6. VB.Net, Classes and ADO.Net guidelines???

7. VB and .Net Naming Guidelines

8. Coding Guidelines for VB.NET

9. Correctly Use Try-Catch - Any good guidelines?

10. ANN: SingleRecord guidelines added to DOW style guide

11. Database Guidelines for MS SQL & Oracle

12. Network Installation Guidelines