Creating the same effect as Outlook's grouped messages window
Author Message
 Creating the same effect as Outlook's grouped messages window

Hi All

I have to create an app that shows a number of text paragraphs in a form so
that users can click on them to highlight them.

Now potentially there are around 300 paragraphs (might only be 1 or 2
sentences in each), but they are actually broken down into categories.  My
idea was to lay them out in say 5 across by 'x' down batches and group them
with a sort of menu bar for each category.  Bit like a tree view for each
category, but instead of a little folder and name like you do with each
treeview entry the user would be displayed with 'x' amount of horizontal
bars which when clicked would expand or collapse to show the required
statements.  The idea being that in the horizontal bar it could show
information such as how many paragraphs were in the category and how many
had been clicked by the user.

Does any of this make sense?? :0)

Although not exactly as I had in mind, as I was thinking about a number of
horizontal bars that you would click on to expand or collapse the closiest
thing I can think of that demonstrates this kind of behaviour is the 'Show
in Groups' feature in Outlook 2003's View/Arrange By menu.

Has anybody seen or have a routine that creates this kind of effect??

Thank you for anything you can suggest.

Mon, 20 Feb 2012 06:02:24 GMT
 Creating the same effect as Outlook's grouped messages window

Quote:
> Although not exactly as I had in mind, as I was thinking about a number of
> horizontal bars that you would click on to expand or collapse the closiest
> thing I can think of that demonstrates this kind of behaviour is the 'Show
> in Groups' feature in Outlook 2003's View/Arrange By menu.

http://vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Code/Controls/S_Grid_2/S_Grid_2/arti...

Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:10:04 GMT

1. create a fade effect or any other effect like morph between two open forms

2. creating wait window like effect

3. Creating Wait window like effect

4. Drag'n'drop message rom Outlook to VB

5. Drag'n'drop message rom Outlook to VB

6. Grouping Tool Windows: tab group or tiled group

7. Failure searching this group's messages

8. New_Mail Code creates 'Phantom' Message Items

9. Creating a macro in Outlook 2002 to check a particular Send/Receive Group

10. Displaying an outlook message created from within VC++

11. Outlook Automation - SaveAs creates message with empty body

12. what event is triggered when outlook creates a new email message