Modules and Classes
Author Message
 Modules and Classes

I really like to learn VB. I tried to do that. now I can write some simple
programs, but I don't have any knowledge about modules and class modules. I
don't know how can I use class modules and where can I use them? is there
anyone that can help me? or give me some references in the web that I can use
them to learn about?

thanks.

Thu, 09 Dec 2010 20:12:00 GMT
 Modules and Classes

Quote:
>I really like to learn VB. I tried to do that. now I can write some simple
> programs, but I don't have any knowledge about modules and class modules.
> don't know how can I use class modules and where can I use them? is there
> anyone that can help me? or give me some references in the web that I can
> use
> them to learn about?

Newsgroups don't serve too well for use as a tutorial. For starters, you
should read VB's documentation. That's going to be your best source for
learning VB. If you don't have VB's documention installed, you can access it
here (best to have it installed locally, though):

If you have a SPECIFIC question on class modules, or pretty much anything
else, then by all means ask it.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:18:40 GMT
 Modules and Classes
Quote:
> I really like to learn VB. I tried to do that. now I can write some simple
> programs, but I don't have any knowledge about modules and class modules.
> don't know how can I use class modules and where can I use them? is there
> anyone that can help me? or give me some references in the web that I can
use
> them to learn about?

  You can think of a class as a homemade object.
You create it like an object in your code and you
see only the public methods from outside of the
class. It's a way to "encapsulate" functionality
for convenience. If you happen to have a copy of
VB and VBA in a Nutshell you can find a pretty good
synopsis of classes and their scope issues in that
book.

Thu, 09 Dec 2010 22:03:10 GMT
 Modules and Classes

Quote:

> I really like to learn VB. I tried to do that. now I can write some
> simple programs, but I don't have any knowledge about modules and
> class modules. I don't know how can I use class modules and where can
> I use them? is there anyone that can help me? or give me some
> references in the web that I can use them to learn about?

> thanks.

A good link in MSDN on using classes in VB:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa716290(VS.60).aspx

Fri, 10 Dec 2010 01:54:03 GMT
 Modules and Classes

Quote:

> > I really like to learn VB. I tried to do that. now I can write some
> > simple programs, but I don't have any knowledge about modules and
> > class modules. I don't know how can I use class modules and where can
> > I use them? is there anyone that can help me? or give me some
> > references in the web that I can use them to learn about?

> > thanks.

> A good link in MSDN on using classes in VB:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa716290(VS.60).aspx

thanks for all your replies.

Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:44:00 GMT

1. modules and class modules

2. Modules or Class modules?

3. what is different between Module and Class?

4. Module vs Class

5. Modules vs Classes

6. Compiling a .vb module or class

7. Direct 3D functions modules/wrappers/classes etc

8. Module of Class??

9. Modules and classes are not documented correctly

10. Basic modules with classes

11. module and class?

12. Raising Events (not within a module or class)