HELP CLR20r3 need help to debug crash of exe startup at remote installation
Author Message
 HELP CLR20r3 need help to debug crash of exe startup at remote installation

Hello
I'm struggling with a problem at remot installations. I released my Beta
software which was always running fine on a lot of systems Win XP ,
Win2003, Win 7.
Now I have a strange problem at some remote installation. After starting
the program it will crash right away, not even geting throug the new or
load Events.
All my integrated debugging is useless. I don't know how I should debug
such a problem.
I guess there are some files missing at the remote systems. I have no
idea which files. I only have an event (see below) which is not of much
help (to me).
I found some other threads about the same  CLR20r3 event but it was not
very usefull. I need to get this application up and running. What steps
should I take. I have some very good Beta testers.
Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
Ereignisname: CLR20r3
Antwort: Not available
CAB-Datei-ID: 0
Problemsignatur:
P1: vmvisiontest6.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 4c625900
P4: Microsoft.VisualBasic
P5: 8.0.0.0
P6: 4a277ad7
P7: 6e
P8: e
P9: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
P10:
Angefgte Dateien:
c:\temp\WERDFD6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
c:\temp\WER3AD3.tmp.hdmp
c:\temp\WER4253.tmp.mdmp
Diese Dateien befinden sich m?glicherweise hier:
C:\Users\nferguson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_vmvisiontest6.ex_b0cd5a862e75394166457e4f7e83e169ea27ce_cab_1fae429e
Analysesymbol:
Es wird erneut nach einer L?sung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: ddcbeaae-a543-11df-b039-00226b0159c8
Berichtstatus: 4

Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:38:23 GMT
 HELP CLR20r3 need help to debug crash of exe startup at remote installation
This group is for VB6 and lower.  What you ae using is what MSFT calls VB,
but it's really not.  You'd have a better chance at answers asking in MSFT's
web based forums.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly to guide you
there, since I don't have the link.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk!  Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

:
C:\Users\nferguson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_vmvisiontest6.ex_b0cd5a862e75394166457e4f7e83e169ea27ce_cab_1fae429e
: Analysesymbol:
: Es wird erneut nach einer L?sung gesucht: 0
: Berichts-ID: ddcbeaae-a543-11df-b039-00226b0159c8
: Berichtstatus: 4
:
:

Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:44:20 GMT
 HELP CLR20r3 need help to debug crash of exe startup at remote installation

Quote:
> Hello
> I'm struggling with a problem at remot installations. I released my Beta
> software which was always running fine on a lot of systems Win XP ,
> Win2003, Win 7.

You're more likely to get a response if you ask in one of the groups
with vbnet in the name or the new forums.
This group is primarily for VB6.

--

i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:45:21 GMT
[...]

Since this is a Visual Basic .NET issue I would post your question to the below forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:58:48 GMT
 HELP CLR20r3 need help to debug crash of exe startup at remote installation
The OP can probably better use this one in Deutsch (German)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/visualbasicde/threads

Quote:

> Hello
> I'm struggling with a problem at remot installations. I released my Beta
> software which was always running fine on a lot of systems Win XP ,
> Win2003, Win 7.
> Now I have a strange problem at some remote installation. After starting
> the program it will crash right away, not even geting throug the new or
> load Events.
> All my integrated debugging is useless. I don't know how I should debug
> such a problem.
> I guess there are some files missing at the remote systems. I have no
> idea which files. I only have an event (see below) which is not of much
> help (to me).
> I found some other threads about the same  CLR20r3 event but it was not
> very usefull. I need to get this application up and running. What steps
> should I take. I have some very good Beta testers.
> Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
> Ereignisname: CLR20r3
> Antwort: Not available
> CAB-Datei-ID: 0
> Problemsignatur:
> P1: vmvisiontest6.exe
> P2: 1.0.0.0
> P3: 4c625900
> P4: Microsoft.VisualBasic
> P5: 8.0.0.0
> P6: 4a277ad7
> P7: 6e
> P8: e
> P9: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
> P10:
> Angefgte Dateien:
> c:\temp\WERDFD6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
> c:\temp\WER3AD3.tmp.hdmp
> c:\temp\WER4253.tmp.mdmp
> Diese Dateien befinden sich m?glicherweise hier:
>
> C:\Users\nferguson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_vmvisiontest6.ex_b0cd5a862e75394166457e4f7e83e169ea27ce_cab_1fae429e
> Analysesymbol:
> Es wird erneut nach einer L?sung gesucht: 0
> Berichts-ID: ddcbeaae-a543-11df-b039-00226b0159c8
> Berichtstatus: 4
>

> Since this is a Visual Basic .NET issue I would post your question to the
> below forum:

> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

> Paul
> ~~~~
> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:44:23 GMT

1. Need help! VB32.exe crashes on FORM VIEW

2. Debug Help -- VB5 App crashing no errors

3. Winint crashes VB IDE in debug-mode - Help

4. Debug Help -- VB5 App crashing no errors

5. I need help with BC.EXE and LINK.EXE

6. Help with VB3 ShellAndWait in .EXE vs. Debug

7. Help Need to Exe a DOS exe from VB4 and return output

8. help EXE crash!

9. Help: Program crashes only when run as an .exe

10. explorer.exe keeps crashing HELP!!!!!!

11. VB6.EXE crash calling Help

12. Need startup help with VB.net SAP connector