VB6 Error 3050 Could not Lock File
Author Message
 VB6 Error 3050 Could not Lock File

Hi

I am using Ms Access 2000 on a Windows Server 2008 and I have four users
connected on a network to the server accessing the databases through a VB6
application which is loaded on all of the users' computers.While using the
VB6 program i receive the error "Error 3050 Could not lock file".I know it
has to do with the .ldb file.I have checked the permission and all users have
full read/write/modify(Full control) rights on the drive and the folder that
the databases are stored in.I checked the MaxLocksPerFile and it is set to
9500.I even tried compacting and repairing and still this error persists.

Your feedback would really be appreciated !!!

--
Thanks
Kicks123

Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:24:01 GMT
 VB6 Error 3050 Could not Lock File

Quote:
> Hi

> I am using Ms Access 2000 on a Windows Server 2008 and I have four users
> connected on a network to the server accessing the databases through a VB6
> application which is loaded on all of the users' computers.While using the
> VB6 program i receive the error "Error 3050 Could not lock file".I know it
> has to do with the .ldb file.I have checked the permission and all users
> have
> full read/write/modify(Full control) rights on the drive and the folder
> that
> the databases are stored in.I checked the MaxLocksPerFile and it is set to
> 9500.I even tried compacting and repairing and still this error persists.

> Your feedback would really be appreciated !!!

The only thing I found about this is one MSKB article in Italian, but there
is no English version. Search the web using Google for "0x800A0BEA", you
will get 3 results, one of them is for the MSKB article, click on "Translate
this page" to translate it.

ADO Error Codes
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms675809(v=VS.85).aspx

Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:33:14 GMT
 VB6 Error 3050 Could not Lock File

Quote:
> Hi

> I am using Ms Access 2000 on a Windows Server 2008 and I have four users
> connected on a network to the server accessing the databases through a VB6
> application which is loaded on all of the users' computers.While using the
> VB6 program i receive the error "Error 3050 Could not lock file".I know it
> has to do with the .ldb file.I have checked the permission and all users have
> full read/write/modify(Full control) rights on the drive and the folder that
> the databases are stored in.I checked the MaxLocksPerFile and it is set to
> 9500.I even tried compacting and repairing and still this error persists.
> Your feedback would really be appreciated !!!

This might be worth a try depending on your version number:

3050 Could not lock file. Database or network share may be read only.

Download a newer version of the Auto FE Updater utility.  This problem
is due to user not having sufficient permissions on the MDB file being
downloaded for the method I was using to determine the MDB version.
This was fixed in V1.65.
http://autofeupdater.com/errormessagesobsolete.htm

http://autofeupdater.com/

Tue, 06 Nov 2012 17:38:59 GMT

1. Run-time error '3050': Could not lock file

2. 3050 error - Couldn't Lock File

3. Error 3050 - Couldn't Lock File

4. HELP: Error 3050 Couldn't lock file

5. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

6. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

7. Error 3050 - Couldn't Lock File

8. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

9. ERROR - 3050 couldn′t lock file

10. VB6 error 3050

11. 3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?

12. 3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?