Popup menu dilema
Author Message
 Popup menu dilema

Hi All

Hope you can help and this is actually possible.

Basically my app is a flexigrid-based form and when the user right-clicks on
a cell in a particular column they are given a list of vaules in a pop-up
menu, whereby they click on a value and this is subsequently put into the
relevant cell on the grid.  This has worked fine, but now my value list is
getting a bit big I wanted to sub-menu a chunk of it, eg:

Values on pop-up at the mo:

None
A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
A7
etc...

I want to change the menu so it looks like this:

None
A >
      A1
      A2
      A3
      A4
     etc
B >
     B1
     B2
     B3
    etc
etc...

I've been to the Menu Editor and right indented the values to create the
desired effect, but I can't save them all under the same mnuLevels index
array.  Each one has to be in it's own set!

The knock on nightmare for me is that as soon as you leave the parent (can't
think of a better word) popup and move over to the sub-menu item my
mnuLevels_Click(index) event initiates and drops in say B into the grid
before I've even selected an item from the sub-menu.

All I want is more structured popup so that when I right-click they can
either pick from the parent menu (eg None) or from the sub-menu and it drops
into my grid.

Is this possible???

Thanks

Laphan

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 02:47:10 GMT
 Popup menu dilema
Apols, sussed it you trap the index of the popping out parent entries and
then you can use the sub menus.

Sorry to mess you about.  It had really got me stumped!

[...]

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 03:35:25 GMT
 Popup menu dilema

Quote:
> I've been to the Menu Editor and right indented the values to create the
> desired effect, but I can't save them all under the same mnuLevels index
> array.  Each one has to be in it's own set!

> The knock on nightmare for me is that as soon as you leave the parent (can't
> think of a better word) popup and move over to the sub-menu item my
> mnuLevels_Click(index) event initiates and drops in say B into the grid
> before I've even selected an item from the sub-menu.

Isn't this a case of "Doctor it hurts when I do this?"

The B doesn't drop into the grid unless you tell it to.  If you don't want
that to happen, why would you tell it to do that???

All those sub menus have their own click handler, isn't that where you
want to move things into the grid?

???
LFS

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 04:55:05 GMT

1. Popup menus on form called from a popup menu

2. show a shortcut menu / popup menu / context menu

3. HELP : Popup menu doesn't popup ??

4. Need Help: Trouble adding a custom menu pick to a custom popup menu in VBA

5. Context Menus coming up first with Popup Menus

6. add new menu options on a popup menu

7. URGENT! Start-menu style popup menu

8. Windows 95 System Menu and PopUp Menus PROBLEM

9. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

10. Right Click PopUp Menu and dynamic menu Item

11. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

12. Right Click PopUp Menu and dynamic menu Item