ActiveX DLL for an ASP site
Author Message
 ActiveX DLL for an ASP site

Hi

I noticed an ActiveX DLL option to use a MS Word template with my ASP page,
but have had real problems getting this to work.  Is it the case that I
can't even use this if I using a Shared Hosting ISP?  I would have thought
the DLL registration process is all done on the client rather than the
server.

My feeble failed attempt is as follows:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>TestWord</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<OBJECT ID="clsTestWord"
CLASSID="CLSID:7366ED3D-A93D-404C-B971-1936C37B5DBB"
CODEBASE="TestWord.CAB#version=1,0,0,9">
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT Language="VBScript">
 clsTestWord.ShowDoc " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
</SCRIPT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Basically I:

* created a VB ActiveX DLL/Class Module
* created a public sub inside this module that basically opens up the .dot
and displays it.
* built the DLL
* used the package & deploy to get the CAB and the CLSID
* uploaded the asp file, the cab and the dot file to my host

All I get is Object doesn't support this property or method!

Any ideas?

Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:47:24 GMT
 ActiveX DLL for an ASP site
  I'm not certain, but I think it needs to be
an OCX. Even then, you'll need to sign it
if you expect it to work. Your visitors will
need to be using IE with ActiveX enabled,
apparently they'll also need Word installed,
and on top of all that, later versions of IE
will probably warn people that the control is
unknown, even if it's signed. (That's another
thing I'm not positive about, but my
undersdtanding is that only "known" controls
are loaded in IE7+ without security warnings.

Quote:
> I noticed an ActiveX DLL option to use a MS Word template with my ASP
page,
> but have had real problems getting this to work.  Is it the case that I
> can't even use this if I using a Shared Hosting ISP?  I would have thought
> the DLL registration process is all done on the client rather than the
> server.

> My feeble failed attempt is as follows:

> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <TITLE>TestWord</TITLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>
> <OBJECT ID="clsTestWord"
> CLASSID="CLSID:7366ED3D-A93D-404C-B971-1936C37B5DBB"
> CODEBASE="TestWord.CAB#version=1,0,0,9">
> </OBJECT>

> <SCRIPT Language="VBScript">
>  clsTestWord.ShowDoc "http://myurl.com/progress.dot"
> </SCRIPT>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>

> Basically I:

> * created a VB ActiveX DLL/Class Module
> * created a public sub inside this module that basically opens up the .dot
> and displays it.
> * built the DLL
> * used the package & deploy to get the CAB and the CLSID
> * uploaded the asp file, the cab and the dot file to my host

> All I get is Object doesn't support this property or method!

> Any ideas?

Sat, 21 Jan 2012 07:53:57 GMT

1. ActiveX DLL calling DLL procedures from ASP app...

2. *** Using ActiveX DLL on an ASP page ***

3. Passing an object to an ActiveX dll from ASP script

4. problem calling ActiveX dll from VBScript in ASP

5. ActiveX dll + ASP Pages - Compiling in Win 98

6. Calling VB ActiveX DLL from ASP...

7. Collection in ActiveX DLL (works in exe but not from ASP)

8. Updating a Database with an Activex DLL in an ASP with IIS

9. Pass array from ASP to VB ActiveX DLL

10. ActiveX DLL and ASP - What am I missing?

11. ActiveX DLL and ASP - What am I missing????

12. VB5.0, ActiveX, asp, dll problems reading Registery - Please help