Need VB6-Msdn Package
Author Message
 Need VB6-Msdn Package

hai i am new to vb6......i don't have msdn in my system.........can anybody
give me the link for downloading the MSDN for VB6?

Sat, 23 Apr 2011 12:14:01 GMT
 Need VB6-Msdn Package

Quote:
> hai i am new to vb6......i don't have msdn in my system.........can
> anybody give me the link for downloading the MSDN for VB6?

You will need to get hold of a version of MSDN from October 2001 or
earlier - after that date, VB Classic wasn't included.

You (probably) won't be able to get it from Microsoft, but someone else
might be nice.  Other than that, look on on-line auction sites - versions
are often available, given that a new set comes out every three months.

--
Regards

Michael Cole

Sat, 23 Apr 2011 12:59:57 GMT
 Need VB6-Msdn Package
Hi Ram,

Quote:
> hai i am new to vb6......i don't have msdn in my system.........can
> anybody
> give me the link for downloading the MSDN for VB6?

I don't think it is publicly available for download anymore. It is > 10
years old now and no longer a supported product, although the runtimes are
still supported as part of Windows.  The library is part of the developer
tools, and they are not supported.  That said, I know you can download the
MSDN library if you have a full MSDN subscription. They have a lot of old
stuff there including VB2 and 3 even.

The documentation is also online at :
But has a lot of broken links.

Also the library should be part of your original VB6 disks.

Sat, 23 Apr 2011 14:08:58 GMT
 Need VB6-Msdn Package

Quote:

> hai i am new to vb6......i don't have msdn in my system.........can anybody
> give me the link for downloading the MSDN for VB6?

You cannot download it unless you have an MSDN Subscription. If you have an MSDN Subscription, download the October 2001 edition.
Later editions are for .NET only and don't integrate with VB6/VS6.

If you don't have an MSDN Subscription, you can access MSDN Library online:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx

Here is a link to the VB6 documentation:

Mike

Sat, 23 Apr 2011 22:50:56 GMT

1. need msdn VB6 help files

2. MSDN Download vs MSDN CDs

3. When pressing F1 the error: The MSDN collection does not exist, Please install MSDN

4. MSDN for VB6 & .NET

5. Upgrade codes from VB6 to VB.NET on MSDN KB

6. April 2002 MSDN compatible with VB6 now?

7. SEARCH MSDN HELP VB6

8. VB6 and MSDN collection

9. MSDN Jan 2002 broke VB6? :)

10. VB6 & MSDN Library Jan 2002