Displaying property menu at runtime
Author Message
 Displaying property menu at runtime

Hello,

Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so
that the user may interact with the control?

In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a
property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after
right clicking on the control)

Thanks
Avi

Sat, 05 Jan 2013 00:30:43 GMT
 Displaying property menu at runtime

Quote:
> Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so
> that the user may interact with the control?

> In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a
> property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after
> right clicking on the control)

Sounds like you're talking about the control's "property pages." (There's a
difference between a dialog box and a menu.) I'm not sure if there's an EASY
way to do this, but I'm sure it's POSSIBLE.

Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:25:46 GMT
 Displaying property menu at runtime
I think either Randy Birch or Brad Martinez has an example on their
respective web sites.  I forget which one.  Google those names, the OP, and
take a look.

:
: > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so
: > that the user may interact with the control?
: >
: > In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a
: > property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after
: > right clicking on the control)
:
: Sounds like you're talking about the control's "property pages." (There's
: difference between a dialog box and a menu.) I'm not sure if there's an
EASY
: way to do this, but I'm sure it's POSSIBLE.
:
:

Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:48:37 GMT
 Displaying property menu at runtime
Jeff Johnson formulated on Monday :

Quote:

>> Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so
>> that the user may interact with the control?

>> In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a
>> property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after
>> right clicking on the control)

> Sounds like you're talking about the control's "property pages." (There's a
> difference between a dialog box and a menu.) I'm not sure if there's an EASY
> way to do this, but I'm sure it's POSSIBLE.

I have trouble imagining for what possible purpose such a call might be
made?  To set design-time properties on a control that's already
instantiated???

--
.NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

Sat, 05 Jan 2013 05:20:51 GMT
 Displaying property menu at runtime
Actually, I want to give the user at runtime a dialog for changing
most of the properties of the chart related to its apperance.

It happens that the dialog displayed at the design phase when clicking
"properties" is exactly what I want to present to the user and I was
thinking at a way to use it for that new purpose

If there is a way to disclose all the code behind the dialog, I can of
course easily build one of my one

I hope that my request is cleare now

Thanks
Avi

Sat, 05 Jan 2013 05:33:23 GMT
 Displaying property menu at runtime

Actually, I want to give the user at runtime a dialog for changing
most of the properties of the chart related to its apperance.

It happens that the dialog displayed at the design phase when clicking
"properties" is exactly what I want to present to the user and I was
thinking at a way to use it for that new purpose

If there is a way to disclose all the code behind the dialog, I can of
course easily build one of my one

I hope that my request is cleare now

Thanks
Avi

I would create your own, or use a third-party component. Keep in mind that some control properties
are design-time only.

The following might help:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/Property_list_control.aspx

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sat, 05 Jan 2013 20:02:09 GMT

1. Display property page at runtime?

2. Display Property Page at runtime?

3. Display Property Page at runtime?

4. Runtime Property Page display for ActiveX Controls

5. Display property page at runtime?

6. Programmatically hide any menus or popup menus on display

7. Displaying menus with a menu handle

8. Display Text Property of a UserControl in the Property Window

9. default property not displayed in properties window.

10. Property Attributes - Help String displayed in property window.

11. How to make submenus in the menu box, and how to Apply properties to the menus

12. Displaying jpg's in runtime