Registry Change Snapshot
Author Message
 Registry Change Snapshot

I am trying different VB6 installers, PDW, Inno and the Microsoft installer
for msi.
I would like either:
  a commercial registry monitor
   or write one in VB6  (easy or no?)
to capture the changes in the registry when I do the installation of my VB6
app and when the app is run.  My VB6 app does write to the registry.
I would like to see what changes are made and for future reference, know how
to undo registry changes if necessary.

Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:57:03 GMT
 Registry Change Snapshot

Quote:

> I am trying different VB6 installers, PDW, Inno and the Microsoft
> installer for msi.
> I would like either:
>   a commercial registry monitor
>    or write one in VB6  (easy or no?)
> to capture the changes in the registry when I do the installation of
> my VB6 app and when the app is run.  My VB6 app does write to the
> registry.
> I would like to see what changes are made and for future reference,
> know how to undo registry changes if necessary.

For testing - checkout the process monitor at SysInternals.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx

[While you're there grab them all. Very, very useful tools.]

-ralph

Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:07:42 GMT

1. Calling Registry.LocalMachine, Registry.CurrentUser by Registry.regHive?

2. Change Registry Setting? (MVP)

3. change registry

4. Anyway to monitor for a registry change in VBA

5. change Windows Registry with VBA

6. Change value in Registry of Windows with program

7. Registry Setting to Change Save As Directory

8. Changes to Registry

9. Changing registry values

10. change computer name with registry keys

11. Changing information in Windows Registry

12. Changing the Registry