How can MAPI VB set the "From" Email addr in Outlook/Outlook 
Author Message
 How can MAPI VB set the "From" Email addr in Outlook/Outlook

I have a VB5 Program that sends Emails to customers from various salespeople.
 If I change either Outlook or Outlook Express to have a different email
address for each salesperson, how can I automatically insert the
salesperson's Email address in the "From" Address in the Email automatically
generated by my VB program.

Currently the "From" email address is determined by whoever logged onto
either Outlook/Outlook Express last.

Also, I want Outlook to immediately send the Email without waiting for
someone to log onto Outlook and click the Send/Receive button?

Would really appreciate your help with this.



Tue, 10 Jul 2012 22:43:02 GMT  
 How can MAPI VB set the "From" Email addr in Outlook/Outlook

Quote:

> If I change either Outlook or Outlook Express to have a different email
>address for each salesperson, how can I automatically insert the
>salesperson's Email address in the "From" Address in the Email automatically
>generated by my VB program.

My answer is only for Outlook but maybe that'll give you a clue.


If you're running on Exchange you might need that account to allow
your Outlook account permission to do so.  Or some similarly named
setting.  

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
  updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/



Wed, 11 Jul 2012 03:36:12 GMT  
 How can MAPI VB set the "From" Email addr in Outlook/Outlook
Tony,
Thanks for the help.
Where would I insert such code.  I'm new at this email/Outlook interface
problem.
Quote:


> > If I change either Outlook or Outlook Express to have a different email
> >address for each salesperson, how can I automatically insert the
> >salesperson's Email address in the "From" Address in the Email automatically
> >generated by my VB program.

> My answer is only for Outlook but maybe that'll give you a clue.


> If you're running on Exchange you might need that account to allow
> your Outlook account permission to do so.  Or some similarly named
> setting.  

> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
> Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
> For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
>   updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
> Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/
> .



Wed, 11 Jul 2012 04:38:07 GMT  
 How can MAPI VB set the "From" Email addr in Outlook/Outlook

Quote:

>Thanks for the help.
>Where would I insert such code.  I'm new at this email/Outlook interface
>problem.

This would only work if you were using Outlook which you aren't.  My
point though is the Outlook terminology is "on behalf of" and that you
need to grant permissions from the other email account.  Maybe there's
something similar in MAPI.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
  updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/



Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:13:28 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. In outlook 2000 "ThisOutlookSession", I need to logon to a MAPI Session

2. CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

3. CreateObject("Outlook.Application") problem

4. Outlook "Private" Checkbox

5. Outlook "New" Button

6. Populating Outlook "Task" from Access97

7. Updating email address in Outlook from VB / Outlook ignores changes

8. Displaying "Outlook Address List" Dialog Form

9. get "???" from MailItem.Body in OutLook

10. "Unable to open the Outlook Window"

11. Disable "Remember Password" in Outlook 2000

12. Putting Outlook into "Offline" mode

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software