The Webpage Fetch Method I've Been Using Has Quit Working
Author Message
 The Webpage Fetch Method I've Been Using Has Quit Working

jim evans wrote on 1/21/2010 :

Quote:
> I have used the following function to fetch webpages for a long time
> and in several applications.

> hOpenUrl = InternetOpenUrl(hOpen, sUrl, vbNullString, 0, _
>    INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD, 0)

>     bDoLoop = True
>     While bDoLoop
>         sReadBuffer = vbNullString
>         bRet = InternetReadFile(hOpenUrl, sReadBuffer, _
>            Len(sReadBuffer), lNumberOfBytesRead)
>         sBuffer = sBuffer & Left$(sReadBuffer, _
>              lNumberOfBytesRead)
>         If Not CBool(lNumberOfBytesRead) Then bDoLoop = False
>     Wend

>     If hOpenUrl <> 0 Then InternetCloseHandle (hOpenUrl)
>     If hOpen <> 0 Then InternetCloseHandle (hOpen)
>     OpenURL = sBuffer

> End Function

> A website I use it with has radically revised their code and this
> function no longer works.  It fetches something but not the webpage.
> When I go to the page in a browser and look at the source it looks
> correct and like it used to, but like I said, when I fetch the source
> code I get is not that page.

> Does someone know why?

Could be any number of things, but likely it's getting input (cookies,
session variables, etc) that you're not providing.  No way to even
guess without seeing what's being returned.

--
.NET: It's About Trust!
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:25:32 GMT

1. Fetching Webpage Works in XP not in Vista?

2. Hi, I am having trouble with bar code font not working

3. I've programmed a game that don't work Help

4. I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues

5. Using MAPI Fetch method with Outlook Express

6. Excel Application isn't released from memory after Quit method called

7. using application.quit method causing problems

8. How do I reference a form I've created from another form using VBScript

9. Can't Make Excel quit using VB

10. I'm having a problem using the MSComm control I hope someone can help

11. Using AVI's without having to ship them

12. I'm having trouble using a DBList control