 Write in C

http://www.*-*-*.com/

LOL

Sat, 20 Aug 2011 09:19:38 GMT
 Write in C

| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHosLhPEN3k
|
| LOL

He misspelled "buried".  With such an obvious mistake, I'm sure his code
isn't as bug free as he'd like us to believe.

Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:32:05 GMT
 Write in C
reminds me ...

today one of the guys at work thought he'd be a Nice Guy and let a corporate
webmaster know there was a typo on one of their pages.  They wrote back
"Thanks - we try to ketch as many as possible...".  Honest to Gawd.

--

Randy
ms mvp, Visual Basic

Quote:

> | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHosLhPEN3k
> |
> | LOL

> He misspelled "buried".  With such an obvious mistake, I'm sure his code
> isn't as bug free as he'd like us to believe.

Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:10:18 GMT
 Write in C

| reminds me ...
|
| today one of the guys at work thought he'd be a Nice Guy and let a
corporate
| webmaster know there was a typo on one of their pages.  They wrote back
| "Thanks - we try to ketch as many as possible...".  Honest to Gawd.

Oh Lord, really?  Maybe it was a deliberate reply?  Or was it really bad
spelling.  When they fire that guy, let me know where to apply.  <g>

Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:40:58 GMT
 Write in C
This seems to be the trend today, students don't learn to read and write
their own languge.
At least here in Sweden, in the papers, on TV and radio and even in ad's
there are misspellings.
In this grp I'm excused because this isn't my native language, I jope ;)

/Henning

Quote:
> reminds me ...

> today one of the guys at work thought he'd be a Nice Guy and let a
> corporate webmaster know there was a typo on one of their pages.  They
> wrote back "Thanks - we try to ketch as many as possible...".  Honest to
> Gawd.

> --

> Randy
> ms mvp, visual basic
> http://vbnet.mvps.org/

>> | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHosLhPEN3k
>> |
>> | LOL

>> He misspelled "buried".  With such an obvious mistake, I'm sure his code
>> isn't as bug free as he'd like us to believe.

Sat, 20 Aug 2011 19:51:41 GMT
 Write in C

Quote:
> This seems to be the trend today, students don't learn to read and write
> their own languge.
> At least here in Sweden, in the papers, on TV and radio and even in ad's
> there are misspellings.
> In this grp I'm excused because this isn't my native language, I jope ;)

Yes, you're excused!  Now go to your room!  :P

Recently, here in the US, I've read about problems teachers are having
with students who use the abbreviations they use while texting in
their class papers and such.  I suppose there is a downside to certain
technologies!

Chris

Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:52:30 GMT
 Write in C
Although that could be one reason, when I see their/there, then/than and
your/youre not used properly, I really doubt it is due to {*filter*}ive texting
habits. Saga

>> This seems to be the trend today, students don't learn to read and write
>> their own languge.
>> At least here in Sweden, in the papers, on TV and radio and even in ad's
>> there are misspellings.
>> In this grp I'm excused because this isn't my native language, I jope ;)

> Yes, you're excused!  Now go to your room!  :P

> Recently, here in the US, I've read about problems teachers are having
> with students who use the abbreviations they use while texting in
> their class papers and such.  I suppose there is a downside to certain
> technologies!

> Chris

Sun, 21 Aug 2011 04:25:47 GMT
 Write in C

Quote:
> Yes, you're excused!  Now go to your room!  :P

> Recently, here in the US, I've read about problems teachers are having
> with students who use the abbreviations they use while texting in
> their class papers and such.  I suppose there is a downside to certain
> technologies!

Interestingly, if a child learnt the write in shorthand they would be
praised.

Michael

Sun, 21 Aug 2011 05:38:25 GMT
 Write in C

says...

Quote:

> > Yes, you're excused!  Now go to your room!  :P

> > Recently, here in the US, I've read about problems teachers are having
> > with students who use the abbreviations they use while texting in
> > their class papers and such.  I suppose there is a downside to certain
> > technologies!

> Interestingly, if a child learnt the write in shorthand they would be
> praised.

Not if they then used that shorthand in writing term papers.

--
/~\ The ASCII
\ / Ribbon Campaign

newsgroups if possible).

Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:35:37 GMT
 Write in C

Quote:
> Recently, here in the US, I've read about problems teachers are having
> with students who use the abbreviations they use while texting in
> their class papers and such.  I suppose there is a downside to certain
> technologies!

> Chris

Due to the fashion of not putting full stops after each letter in an
acronym, when the comedy series The IT Crowd was scheduled, the
announcer always said "The 'It' Crowd" which was usually attributed to
the fashion crowd and not The I.T. Crowd, which the series was about.

(Lame excuse to show clips time)
Facebook parody.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJ9Z3Js7Ww>
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb0_ZQ3EoBI&feature=related>

I.T. Support.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt9j80Jkc_A&feature=related>

Sun, 21 Aug 2011 23:54:26 GMT
 Write in C

Quote:

> > Recently, here in the US, I've read about problems teachers are having
> > with students who use the abbreviations they use while texting in
> > their class papers and such.  I suppose there is a downside to certain
> > technologies!

> > Chris

> Due to the fashion of not putting full stops after each letter in an
> acronym, when the comedy series The IT Crowd was scheduled, the
> announcer always said "The 'It' Crowd" which was usually attributed to
> the fashion crowd and not The I.T. Crowd, which the series was about.

Actually full stops are never used with an 'acronym' as an acronym is a word
(and each character may or not be an initial).

-ralph

Mon, 22 Aug 2011 04:45:22 GMT
 Write in C
Ralph said the following on 04/03/2009 20:45:

Quote:

>> Due to the fashion of not putting full stops after each letter in an
>> acronym, when the comedy series The IT Crowd was scheduled, the
>> announcer always said "The 'It' Crowd" which was usually attributed to
>> the fashion crowd and not The I.T. Crowd, which the series was about.

> Actually full stops are never used with an 'acronym' as an acronym is a word
> (and each character may or not be an initial).

> -ralph

Yes, sorry - abbreviation.  Whoever thought of saving a few full stops
  anyway?

Mon, 22 Aug 2011 05:14:51 GMT

1. Another CS-Realizer question

2. good VB website(s) for high school CS teacher??

3. CS-RCS with VB6

4. ANNOUNCE: CS-RCS Version 1.2

5. Announce: CS-RCS Version 1.1

6. Any way to write AClass.Write(arg)?

7. Writing a VBS file which reads and writes to the registry

8. Needed text box for text written from write to left

9. Qbasic: Pre-written INI read/write routines?

10. Cancelling file writing process during long writes

11. Write method is too slow for writing to a network drive

12. Writing out VBS code with response.write()