list box (vba excel)
Author Message
 list box (vba excel)

Hello! I have been having some problems while using a lstbox. I want
to be able to select a value from the list box, type a something in
a textbox above, and the item in the listbox will change, is this
possible(according to what the textbox says?
thanks

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:18:48 GMT
 list box (vba excel)

Hello! I have been having some problems while using a lstbox. I want
to be able to select a value from the list box, type a something in
a textbox above, and the item in the listbox will change, is this
possible(according to what the textbox says?
thanks

See if the below link helps. Also, you may want to post future Excel/Office/VBA questions to the
Excel newsgroups (microsoft.public.excel).

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=544971

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:19:50 GMT
 list box (vba excel)
Where is your ListBox and TextBox located... on the worksheet or on a
UserForm? If on a worksheet, which toolbar did you get the ListBox from...
the Forms or Control Toolbox toolbar? Also, if on a worksheet, which toolbar
did you get the TextBox from... the Drawing or Control Toolbox toolbar?
Also, while it probably won't matter for your question, which version of
Excel are you using?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Quote:
> Hello! I have been having some problems while using a lstbox. I want
> to be able to select a value from the list box, type a something in
> a textbox above, and the item in the listbox will change, is this
> possible(according to what the textbox says?
> thanks

Mon, 20 Jun 2011 01:30:50 GMT
 list box (vba excel)
On Dec 31 2008, 10:30?pm, "Rick Rothstein"

Quote:

> Where is your ListBox and TextBox located... on the worksheet or on a
> UserForm? If on a worksheet, which toolbar did you get the ListBox from...
> the Forms or Control Toolbox toolbar? Also, if on a worksheet, which toolbar
> did you get the TextBox from... the Drawing or Control Toolbox toolbar?
> Also, while it probably won't matter for your question, which version of
> Excel are you using?

> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)

> > Hello! I have been having some problems while using a lstbox. I want
> > to be able to select a value from the list box, type a something in
> > a textbox above, and the item in the listbox will change, is this
> > possible(according to what the textbox says?
> > thanks- Hide quoted text -

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using a userform, and Control Tool
box. it doesn't really matter if it is 2000 or 2007,
Actually I wasn't really looking for something that will search, but
what something that will allow me to change a selected value from the
list box
thanks

Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:19:45 GMT
 list box (vba excel)
Sorry about the delay in getting back to this thread. If I understand what
you want to do correctly, you would need to execute this code to change the
selected ListBox entry to what is in  TextBox1...

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
  With ListBox1
    .List(.ListIndex) = TextBox1.Text
  End With
End Sub

Note that I have used a CommandButton to initiate the action... think of it
as an OK or Done type button. One other note... these changes will not
persist after you close down Excel. If you need that functionality, you will
need to store the contents of the ListBox somewhere (a hidden column
perhaps) and restore that content when the workbooks loads up (use the
Workbook_Open event located on the ThisWorkbook module).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

On Dec 31 2008, 10:30 pm, "Rick Rothstein"

Quote:

> Where is your ListBox and TextBox located... on the worksheet or on a
> UserForm? If on a worksheet, which toolbar did you get the ListBox from...
> the Forms or Control Toolbox toolbar? Also, if on a worksheet, which
> toolbar
> did you get the TextBox from... the Drawing or Control Toolbox toolbar?
> Also, while it probably won't matter for your question, which version of
> Excel are you using?

> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)

> > Hello! I have been having some problems while using a lstbox. I want
> > to be able to select a value from the list box, type a something in
> > a textbox above, and the item in the listbox will change, is this
> > possible(according to what the textbox says?
> > thanks- Hide quoted text -

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using a userform, and Control Tool
box. it doesn't really matter if it is 2000 or 2007,
Actually I wasn't really looking for something that will search, but
what something that will allow me to change a selected value from the
list box
thanks

Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:07:09 GMT

1. Use list from excel or access to populate combo/list box

2. Columns in List box, when inserting text from text box (VBA)

3. Windows EXCEL VBA / MAC EXCEL VBA compatibility issues

4. Excel 97 VBA vs Excel 2000 VBA

5. Getting the list of Excel Sheet Names using VBA

6. Excel VBA macro won't Access Contact List

7. Comparing two lists with code (VBA) Excel 5.0/7.0

8. VB or Excel VBA, accessing list of all the sheets in a workbook

9. How to list macro names in a combo box or a list box

10. Help wanted with file list boxes and list boxes

11. VB List Box Versus Access List Box

12. Q: List Box to List Box Code