Cannot get an application to execute
Author Message
 Cannot get an application to execute

I'm trying to get a program called QWS3270 to execute when I call it
with System.Diagnostic.Process.Start.  It refuses to start at all,
gives me A first chance exception of type
'System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception' occurred in System.dll.  I
created a batch file for it, and the batch file launches fine outside
of being called by the program, but when it is launched by VB, it
fails.  Gives me system cannot execute the specified program (batch
file error).

Any ideas?  I've tried using the Shell command as well, but that just
gives me a different error: A first chance exception of type
'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 02:21:39 GMT
 Cannot get an application to execute

Quote:
> System.Diagnostic.Process.Start

This is a VB6 and earlier group(VB Classic). VB.Net and all dotnet groups
have either "dotnet" or "vsnet" in the group name. Please use the following
group instead:

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 02:40:59 GMT
 Cannot get an application to execute

Quote:
> I'm trying to get a program called QWS3270 to execute
> when I call it with System.Diagnostic.Process.Start.

You're in the wrong group, Alex. This is a Visual Basic group. VB.Net code
does not work in Visual Basic and Visual Basic code does not work in VB.Net.

Confusing, isn't it. Exactly the sort of confusion that Micro$oft intended.
For VB.Net you'll need to post your question to a newsgroup that
specifically deals with it. Try:

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Mike

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 04:24:26 GMT

1. Cannot execute application in a shared drive

2. Waiting for an application to finish executing before executing next app

3. Executing an Application from within an Application

4. cannot execute MDE

5. One workstation cannot open or execute VBA code in Access 97

6. Runtime error 4633 cannot execute macro

7. Cannot execute as a child of basic

8. Cannot execute SHAPE command on ADO recordset

9. Cannot execute ftp commands using Inet

10. Cannot execute SHAPE command on ADO recordset

11. Cannot execute SHAPE command on ADO recordset

12. Cannot execute Update method