Creating but not sending a Lotus Notes email
Author Message
 Creating but not sending a Lotus Notes email

Folks

I have installed the latest Lotus Notes client and have it
successfully sending test emails via VB6.

However I'd like to create the email so it's sitting on the Lotus
Notes screen and not send it.  I also don't want to enter the
recipient.  I want the user to choose the recipient from the address
book.

Lots of sample code out there to create and send Lotus Notes emails
but not to just to create the email.

The important lines of code are:

    Set doc = oDB.CREATEDOCUMENT
    Set rtitem = doc.CREATERICHTEXTITEM("Body")
    doc.subject = strSubject
    doc.Body = strBody & vbCrLf & vbCrLf
    doc.SAVEMESSAGEONSEND = True
    Call doc.send(0)

I also want to figure out how the send an HTML email but I figure that
won't be too hard to find the code.   While I have HTML code in the
strBody variable it comes out looking like the code view of HTML.

Thanks, Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:03:07 GMT

1. Send email from Acc97 to Lotus notes email.

2. Help - Creating a Lotus Notes Document in a local Lotus Notes DB with VB6

3. VBA code to send an email message through Lotus Notes mail interface

4. Sending email via Lotus Notes

5. Sending Email with Lotus Notes

6. Send Email from VB5 to Lotus Notes

7. Sending email to lotus notes from VB

8. Lotus Notes Email.

9. Pull Email form Lotus Notes Server

10. VB5.0 & Lotus Notes email - recommendations Please

11. email to Lotus Notes - Recommendations

12. lotus note email