Problem with opening Excel after opening Excel inside Microsoft Internet Controls
Author Message
 Problem with opening Excel after opening Excel inside Microsoft Internet Controls

The same problem happens after I open an Excel file inside a Microsoft
Internet Controls either from a VB6 program or ASP.
After that when I try to open another Excel file outside the VB6 program or
ASP by dbl clicking on the file name, it looks like instead of opening the
new Excel file, it gives the focus to the Microsoft Internet Controls inside
the VB6/ASP.
At this point, the only way for me to open another Excel file outside the
VB6/ASP, is to open Excel itself, then from the menu "File" - "Open" I
select the other Excel file.
Is there a way for me once I have an excel file open inside a Microsoft
Internet Control in VB6/ASP, to be able to open another Excel file outside
the VB6/ASP ?

In the Windows Explorer, under "Tools" - "Folder Option" - "File Types" -
"XLS" - "Advanced", "Browse in same window" is checked.
I am using Windows XP SP2 and Internet Explorer version 7.0.5730.13.

Thank you.

Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:13:21 GMT

1. Problem opening Excel Addin with Excel application object

2. Linking to Excel - many Excel processes left open?

3. Opening an excel file through a form/running excel macros through access

4. Refresh Access/Excel connection when Excel opened

5. Excel file opened in IE3 - on one machine starts Excel, others does not

6. Outlook VBA - open Excel, read in two fields, send email with these, close excel

7. how to determine if excel file is opened through Internet Explorer

8. Excel Workbook takes too long to open in Excel 2000

9. Excel open .doc or word open .xls?

10. Accessing an Excel file without opening Excel

11. Reading Excel files without opening excel

12. open doc/excel file in frame with Word/Excel menubar