How do I insert both a To: and a Cc: address with MAPI 
Author Message
 How do I insert both a To: and a Cc: address with MAPI

I have a VB5 program that sends emails to customers.  I want to automatically
insert the Recipitients Email address in the To:  and another Email address
in the Cc: field.  How can I automatically insert both fields?

I can insert either field by using RecipAddress and ReciType but I can't get
both addresses into my Email.

Help!

Dennis Rose



Tue, 10 Jul 2012 06:59:02 GMT  
 How do I insert both a To: and a Cc: address with MAPI
Dennis Rose used his keyboard to write :

Quote:
> I have a VB5 program that sends emails to customers.  I want to automatically
> insert the Recipitients Email address in the To:  and another Email address
> in the Cc: field.  How can I automatically insert both fields?

> I can insert either field by using RecipAddress and ReciType but I can't get
> both addresses into my Email.

http://www.lmgtfy.com?q=RecipAddress

--
.NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org



Tue, 10 Jul 2012 07:20:42 GMT  
 How do I insert both a To: and a Cc: address with MAPI
Karl,
Thanks for the help.  This is the code I used:

'**** insert To: Email addr
MAPIMessages1.RecipAddress = "To address"

'**** insert Cc: Email addr
MAPIMessages1.RecipIndex = 1   ' this is needed to indicate another recipient
MAPIMessages1.RecipType = 2    ' this designates Cc addr
MAPIMessages1.RecipAddress = "Cc address"
'****

Quote:

> Dennis Rose used his keyboard to write :
> > I have a VB5 program that sends emails to customers.  I want to automatically
> > insert the Recipitients Email address in the To:  and another Email address
> > in the Cc: field.  How can I automatically insert both fields?

> > I can insert either field by using RecipAddress and ReciType but I can't get
> > both addresses into my Email.

> http://www.lmgtfy.com?q=RecipAddress

> --
> ..NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

> .



Wed, 11 Jul 2012 01:05:01 GMT  
 How do I insert both a To: and a Cc: address with MAPI
Karl,
Good news and bad news.

The code I used worked fine with Outlook Express, but when I used it on a
computer with Outlook 2002, I got the following error message:

32002 Unspecified failure has occurred (in the MAPIMessages.Send True)
instruction.

Help Again!

Quote:

> Dennis Rose used his keyboard to write :
> > I have a VB5 program that sends emails to customers.  I want to automatically
> > insert the Recipitients Email address in the To:  and another Email address
> > in the Cc: field.  How can I automatically insert both fields?

> > I can insert either field by using RecipAddress and ReciType but I can't get
> > both addresses into my Email.

> http://www.lmgtfy.com?q=RecipAddress

> --
> ..NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

> .



Wed, 11 Jul 2012 05:00:02 GMT  
 How do I insert both a To: and a Cc: address with MAPI
After serious thinking Dennis Rose wrote :

Quote:
> Karl,
> Good news and bad news.

> The code I used worked fine with Outlook Express, but when I used it on a
> computer with Outlook 2002, I got the following error message:

> 32002 Unspecified failure has occurred (in the MAPIMessages.Send True)
> instruction.

> Help Again!

Okay, look, I've never knowingly used MAPI, so the best I can do is
Google it.  Plonking that error message into Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=32002+Unspecified+failure+has+occurred

And clicking on the second link (the first appeared to relate to
timers, not MAPI), I wonder if you could've saved some time here?

--
.NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org



Wed, 11 Jul 2012 07:07:18 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. MAPI & CC:Mail

2. CC and BCC using MAPI

3. CC: using MAPI controls

4. MAPI - Not able to send mails thru CC and BCC

5. MAPI CC or BCC

6. VB 4.0 MAPI Control cc:Mail

7. MAPI, VIM, and cc: Mail

8. MAPI, VIM, and cc: Mail

9. MAPI, VIM, and cc: Mail

10. Returm address from address book using mapi

11. changing a email address in the CC box

12. how do I cc an email to a 2nd address using a macro

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software