Mp3 Duration
Author Message
 Mp3 Duration

I am using VB5 and would like a simple method of getting the duration of an
MP3. I have searched Google for a while now with no luck. Can anyone help me
out? Examples would be welcome!

Thanks.

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 01:53:57 GMT
 Mp3 Duration

Quote:
>I am using VB5 and would like a simple method of getting the duration of an
>MP3. I have searched Google for a while now with no luck. Can anyone help
>me out? Examples would be welcome!

> Thanks.

The simple method is to use this class:
http://edais.mvps.org/Code/Libraries/MP3Info/clsMP3Info.cls
As you can see from the code, it isn't a "simple" undertaking.

HTH

Matt

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 03:34:59 GMT
 Mp3 Duration

I am using VB5 and would like a simple method of getting the duration of an
MP3. I have searched Google for a while now with no luck. Can anyone help me
out? Examples would be welcome!

I think the MCI control will do what you need:

http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_play_mp3.html

Otherwise, the MCI API (MCISendstring commands) should work.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 03:36:04 GMT
 Mp3 Duration
Thanks to both of you. That should do the trick!

Quote:
>I am using VB5 and would like a simple method of getting the duration of an
>MP3. I have searched Google for a while now with no luck. Can anyone help
>me out? Examples would be welcome!

> Thanks.

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:29:49 GMT

1. mp3 duration

2. MP3 - How to find play duration ?

3. getting song duration of mp3 file

4. Calculating the duration of a MP3 song

5. Changing the Default duration field to a custom duration field

6. Help i need an Mp3 control that plays mp3's

7. Duration in seconds

8. Duration

9. Setting values of duration fields.

10. date, duration calculation