VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?
Author Message
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Any news of VB6 runtimes in Windows 7 ?

but even if they doesnt include, 1MB more in setup doesnt hurt anyday :D

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:29:53 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?
Windows 7 will NOT run code developed using obsolete tools NOT supported by Microsoft.
Visual Basic is dead, Dead, DEAD.  Get over it, already, and just rewrite it all in .NET.  Sheesh.

This behavior is by design.

Quote:

> Any news of VB6 runtimes in Windows 7 ?

> but even if they doesnt include, 1MB more in setup doesnt hurt anyday :D

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:19:45 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Quote:

> Any news of VB6 runtimes in Windows 7 ?

   C:\Windows\System32>dir msvbvm*.*
   Volume in drive C has no label.
   Volume Serial Number is 30A6-BE06

   Directory of C:\Windows\System32

   12/12/2008  09:02 PM         1,386,496 msvbvm60.dll
                 1 File(s)      1,386,496 bytes
                 0 Dir(s)  25,848,520,704 bytes free

--
.NET: It's About Trust!
 http://vfred.mvps.org

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:39:44 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Quote:
> Any news of VB6 runtimes in Windows 7 ?

> but even if they doesnt include, 1MB more in setup doesnt hurt anyday :D

While, I have no news or knowledge of this directly - the fact that MS
supported the runtime in Vista, and the fact that everything that runs in
Vista is supposed to work in W7, I would say the chances are that it will be
included and supported...

--
Tom Shelton

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:38:54 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?
Hi Abhishek,

Quote:
> Any news of VB6 runtimes in Windows 7 ?

The beta should be available to the public any day now. MSDN subscribers can
currently download.

Safe to say there is currently build similar to that on Vista ( 6.00.9802 on
Vista, 6.00.9812 on W7)

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:47:51 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

| Windows 7 will NOT run code developed using obsolete tools NOT supported
by Microsoft.
| Visual Basic is dead, Dead, DEAD.  Get over it, already, and just rewrite
it all in .NET.  Sheesh.

| This behavior is by design.

GFY AH

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:20:18 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Quote:
> Any news of VB6 runtimes in Windows 7 ?

> but even if they doesnt include, 1MB more in setup doesnt hurt anyday :D

there included in win7
i tested a couple of my apps and they all ran fine.

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:52:22 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?
I have also installed one of our Applications on Beta 1 and it works without
problems :-)

regards

Quote:
> Any news of VB6 runtimes in Windows 7 ?

> but even if they doesnt include, 1MB more in setup doesnt hurt anyday :D

there included in win7
i tested a couple of my apps and they all ran fine.

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:53:22 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?
Here is MS page for Windows 7:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Wikipedia pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_removed_from_Windows_7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_removed_from_Windows_Vista

There is not much removed from Windows 7, but Windows Vista has a lot of
things removed, which explains why some apps stopped working. I was planning
in using IShellExecuteHook, but I see that it's removed from Vista. There is
a workaround for Vista, but it's not supported in future versions.

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:15:20 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Quote:
>I have also installed one of our Applications on Beta 1 and it works
>without problems :-)

Same here.  Tested several packaged as MSIs conventionally as well as using
reg-free COM MSIs both per-machine and per-user and via XCopy deployment.
So far so good, the work with Vista has paid off well.

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:08:08 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Quote:

> | Windows 7 will NOT run code developed using obsolete tools NOT supported
> by Microsoft.
> | Visual Basic is dead, Dead, DEAD.  Get over it, already, and just
> rewrite
> it all in .NET.  Sheesh.
> |
> | This behavior is by design.

> GFY AH

Gee Kevin.. Why don't you tell him how you really feel about his drive-by..
;-)

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:15:04 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

| Gee Kevin.. Why don't you tell him how you really feel about his
drive-by..
| ;-)

I tried, but the board filters didn't let me.  <g>

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:47:34 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Quote:
> Windows 7 will NOT run code developed using obsolete tools NOT supported
> by Microsoft.
> Visual Basic is dead, Dead, DEAD.  Get over it, already, and just rewrite
> it all in .NET.  Sheesh.

Really?? I just got an email on Saturday that all of my VB6 programs run
great on Windows 7 64-bit. And they've never even been changed to run on
Vista.

VB is not dead. It's getting better.  lol!

--
Regards,

Rick Raisley
heavymetal-A-T-bellsouth-D-O-T-net

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 22:35:56 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Quote:
> Any news of VB6 runtimes in Windows 7 ?

> but even if they doesnt include, 1MB more in setup doesnt hurt anyday :D

there included in win7
i tested a couple of my apps and they all ran fine.

-------------------------

No problems here with VB6 and W7.

The only issue that I have found so far is MSMAPI.OCX not
installed/registered.

I guess this is not included in W7.  Is it legal to distribute it in my
installation?

Nigel

Sat, 02 Jul 2011 00:21:14 GMT
 VB6 Runtimes in Windows 7 ?

Quote:
> No problems here with VB6 and W7.

> The only issue that I have found so far is MSMAPI.OCX not
> installed/registered.

> I guess this is not included in W7.  Is it legal to distribute it in my
> installation?

Do you mean MSMAPI32.OCX, not MSMAPI.OCX? It's not included in any OS as far
as I know. See this file to see what you can redistribute, which includes
that OCX:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\REDIST.TXT

Sat, 02 Jul 2011 00:48:53 GMT

 [ 25 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Windows 7 and VB6 Runtime

2. VB6 runtime is supported on Windows 7

3. Does mscomctl for vb6 need the vb6 runtimes?

4. Use look and feel of Windows XP in Windows NT with VB6

5. Windows Service Calling VB6 dll doesn't work but works with VB6

6. Runtime Error 2293 w/ Windows 2k

7. Programmatically add resizeable labels to windows form at runtime

8. Excel 2000, Windows XP, System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

9. vb.net - Blank Windows Application form displaying at runtime

10. How to check, if a control supports READONLY property at Runtime in Windows Forms

11. Creating a runtime Windows forms designer

12. create an instance of a windows form at runtime