Working Example VB6 XML
Author Message
 Working Example VB6 XML

I have avoided it as long as I can, I need to add xml support for my apps.
I tought myself VB6 and have learned from your examples.
I have looked around and (almost) every example has some kinda flaw...
Be it a missing class or just bad coding.

Might there be a link to an example just using whats provided within the XP
environment.
Just a working example so that I may learn to read (and Write) the strings I
need.

Thanks

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 08:35:10 GMT
 Working Example VB6 XML
Hi Tim,

See :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms766564(VS.85).aspx

Quote:
> I have avoided it as long as I can, I need to add xml support for my
> apps.
> I tought myself VB6 and have learned from your examples.
> I have looked around and (almost) every example has some kinda flaw...
> Be it a missing class or just bad coding.

> Might there be a link to an example just using whats provided within
> the XP environment.
> Just a working example so that I may learn to read (and Write) the
> strings I need.

> Thanks

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:08:21 GMT
 Working Example VB6 XML
  If you don't get the information you need here
then you might try:

microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript

  MSXML seems to be mainly a scripting tool, I've
seen it discussed a number of times in the scripting
group by net. admin. types.

Quote:
> >Hi Tim,

> >See :
> >http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms766564(VS.85).aspx

> In my VB references there are 6 versions of XML, v2, 2.6, 3, 4, 5 & 6.
> Are the newer versions backward compatible with older versions?

> Also curious how XML gets installed... OS service packs?
> Thanks,
> Ed

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:46:48 GMT
 Working Example VB6 XML

Quote:
>I have avoided it as long as I can, I need to add xml support for my apps.
> I tought myself VB6 and have learned from your examples.
> I have looked around and (almost) every example has some kinda flaw...
> Be it a missing class or just bad coding.

> Might there be a link to an example just using whats provided within the
> XP
> environment.
> Just a working example so that I may learn to read (and Write) the strings
> need.

Can you give us an example of your XML and what you'd like to do with it? I
have some XML code but it's probably far more complex than what you need
(right now) and so I'd like to tailor something to your current needs.

Mon, 20 Jun 2011 00:35:28 GMT
 Working Example VB6 XML

Quote:
> In my VB references there are 6 versions of XML, v2, 2.6, 3, 4, 5 & 6.
> Are the newer versions backward compatible with older versions?

> Also curious how XML gets installed... OS service packs?
> Thanks,
> Ed

It can get complicated:

"List of Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) versions"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269238

Avoid version 5, it is just for use in Office and Office applications and
cannot be separately deployed.

"Using the right version of MSXML in Internet Explorer"
http://blogs.msdn.com/xmlteam/archive/2006/10/23/using-the-right-vers...

... applies to more than IE.

Mon, 20 Jun 2011 01:16:50 GMT
 Working Example VB6 XML
Hi Ed,

If you look a bit higher up in that msdn document tree you will see some
info on installation and redistribution:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc507432(VS.85).aspx

Basically, if you are redistributing, use MSXML 6 (preinstalled on Vista and
later).
If you don't want to redistribute, use MSXML 3. Avoid all the other
versions.

Quote:

>>Hi Tim,

>>See :
>>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms766564(VS.85).aspx

> In my VB references there are 6 versions of XML, v2, 2.6, 3, 4, 5 & 6.
> Are the newer versions backward compatible with older versions?

> Also curious how XML gets installed... OS service packs?
> Thanks,
> Ed

Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:37:18 GMT

1. Read XML using VB6 DOM 4.0 with Namespaces - See Sample XML

2. Windows Service Calling VB6 dll doesn't work but works with VB6

3. XML Example

4. Looking for VB/XML Examples

5. Looking for VB/XML Examples

6. Looking for VB/XML Examples

7. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

8. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

9. Working with the XML behind the .doc?

10. Inherit System.Xml.XmlNode does not work

11. Working with XML via HTTP

12. Help: ADO 2.5 XML works, ADTG doesn't with persisted recordsets