Creating an Excel sheet from VB5 Enterprise
Author Message
 Creating an Excel sheet from VB5 Enterprise

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions that need answering, that I cant figure out.

1.  I know how to read Excel worksheets into Visual Basic, but is there a
way I can *create* an Excel spreadsheet from VB5? The application I am
writing calls for log information to be collated and then the final data
presented in a spreadsheet, and obviously I would like to take care of this
completely within VB.

2. Second, once the report has been outputted to a file, I would like to be
able to click on "View" within my app and Excel will load up and display the
file.  However, I can't find any reference to system calls to load other
applications up.  What would be the best way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards,
Stuart Stanfield

--
Kiosk Engineer, Town Pages Ltd.

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Excel sheet from VB5 Enterprise

?Hi All,
?
[...]

Take a look at the MS KB (http://support.microsoft.com/support/).
Search for "Excel" and "Automation". There should be a number of
articles available that will help you get started.

Paul
~~~~

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Excel sheet from VB5 Enterprise
Hi Paul,

Thanks...once I knew I should be looking for Automation stuff, it all
dropped into place. However, now I have some questions on that too :-)

Creating the Excel sheet is fine now, however I want to be able to specify
the Font and Size of a cell, and also the Width of a Column.

    xlApp.Columns.Width = 150
    xlApp.Cells.Font.Size = 16
    xlApp.Cells.Font.Bold = True

Using Columns(1) or Cells(1, 1) doesn't work either.

Does anybody know the correct syntax for these commands, or point me to a
resource which does (KB has nothing that I can see on this subject nor does
the book I have in front of me or the Books Online help in Visual Basic 5)

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

snip!

Quote:

>Take a look at the MS KB (http://support.microsoft.com/support/).
>Search for "Excel" and "Automation". There should be a number of
>articles available that will help you get started.

>Paul
>~~~~

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Excel sheet from VB5 Enterprise
I could imagine two ways ...

via OLE
or
via VBA

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I have a couple of questions that need answering, that I cant figure out.

> 1.  I know how to read Excel worksheets into Visual Basic, but is there a
> way I can *create* an Excel spreadsheet from VB5? The application I am
> writing calls for log information to be collated and then the final data
> presented in a spreadsheet, and obviously I would like to take care of this
> completely within VB.

> 2. Second, once the report has been outputted to a file, I would like to be
> able to click on "View" within my app and Excel will load up and display the
> file.  However, I can't find any reference to system calls to load other
> applications up.  What would be the best way of doing this?

> Thanks in advance for all the help.

> Regards,
> Stuart Stanfield

> --
> Kiosk Engineer, Town Pages Ltd.

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating Excel sheets from VB5

2. Need help displaying Excel sheet with VB5 - Please.

3. Need help displaying Excel sheet with VB5 - Please.

4. Create Excel-sheet with VB4 ??

5. Creating charts as objects in excel sheets using vb6 / vb dotnet

6. Linking Excel sheets in VB5

7. Need help displaying Excel sheet with VB5 - Please.

8. Embedding Excel Sheet in a VB5 application

9. Somebody please help me to create an Excel Workbook w/sheets from VB4.0

10. Create Excel-sheet with VB4 ??

11. Creating and Saving Excel Sheets

12. HOW TO CREATE A DYNAMIC ROWS IN THE TABLE AS IN EXCEL SHEET