Old Style API DLL
Author Message
 Old Style API DLL

I have some Declares or a non ActiveX DLL that I want to use to access the
DLL... The declares work when the DLL is in the system32 directory but when
I move the DLL into the application directory it does not work.. I thought
these DLL's would work in the same directory on the count of the way windows
looks for DLL's.  App path, and then your path settings.

Do I have to use LoadLibrary first or something?

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:45:46 GMT
 Old Style API DLL
Kip,

Quote:
>I have some Declares or a non ActiveX DLL that I want to use to access the
>DLL... The declares work when the DLL is in the system32 directory but when
>I move the DLL into the application directory it does not work.. I thought
>these DLL's would work in the same directory on the count of the way windows
>looks for DLL's.  App path, and then your path settings.

It should work. But remember that App.Path points to the VB directory,
not the directory where your compiled executable is placed, while
you're working in the IDE.

Mattias

====================================

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

CodeHound - The Software Developer's Search Engine
http://www.codehound.com

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:52:02 GMT
 Old Style API DLL
App.Path in the IDE is the location of the project file..  I just tested it
using VB5

Quote:
> Kip,

> >I have some Declares or a non ActiveX DLL that I want to use to access
the
> >DLL... The declares work when the DLL is in the system32 directory but
when
> >I move the DLL into the application directory it does not work.. I
thought
> >these DLL's would work in the same directory on the count of the way
windows
> >looks for DLL's.  App path, and then your path settings.

> It should work. But remember that App.Path points to the VB directory,
> not the directory where your compiled executable is placed, while
> you're working in the IDE.

> Mattias

> ====================================

> http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

> CodeHound - The Software Developer's Search Engine
> http://www.codehound.com

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:06:57 GMT
 Old Style API DLL
Kip,

Quote:
>App.Path in the IDE is the location of the project file..  I just tested it
>using VB5

Oops, you're absolutely right, thanks for catching that. I should have
said CurDir, not App.Path. CurDir is (initially) pointing to the VB
directory. But it can of course be changed with ChDrive/ChDir.

Mattias

====================================

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 03:35:40 GMT
 Old Style API DLL
I was not reading the original post, but when reading Matt's reply,
I remembered another problem with CurDir.
It also changes when the CommonDialog.ShowSave method is
called (and OK is clicked).
Just be aware of that when using CurDir.

Alex

Quote:
> Kip,

> >App.Path in the IDE is the location of the project file..  I just tested
it
> >using VB5

> Oops, you're absolutely right, thanks for catching that. I should have
> said CurDir, not App.Path. CurDir is (initially) pointing to the VB
> directory. But it can of course be changed with ChDrive/ChDir.

> Mattias

> ====================================

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:42:46 GMT
 Old Style API DLL
I have been using the FileSystemObject more often than not lately anyway....

Quote:
> I was not reading the original post, but when reading Matt's reply,
> I remembered another problem with CurDir.
> It also changes when the CommonDialog.ShowSave method is
> called (and OK is clicked).
> Just be aware of that when using CurDir.

> Alex

Newsbeitrag:

> > Kip,

> > >App.Path in the IDE is the location of the project file..  I just
tested
> it
> > >using VB5

> > Oops, you're absolutely right, thanks for catching that. I should have
> > said CurDir, not App.Path. CurDir is (initially) pointing to the VB
> > directory. But it can of course be changed with ChDrive/ChDir.

> > Mattias

> > ====================================

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:50:29 GMT
 Old Style API DLL
Not a problem... How that affects DLL's that are in the project directory is
yet to be seen.........(Im just busy today)

Quote:
> Kip,

> >App.Path in the IDE is the location of the project file..  I just tested
it
> >using VB5

> Oops, you're absolutely right, thanks for catching that. I should have
> said CurDir, not App.Path. CurDir is (initially) pointing to the VB
> directory. But it can of course be changed with ChDrive/ChDir.

> Mattias

> ====================================

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:49:54 GMT

1. Old Style API DLL

2. Simulate old style DOS scrolling.

3. Old Style Printer.hDC

4. Old style > Visual Basic [Read/Data]

5. Old style variable declarations

6. Replace old DLL with new DLL

7. Old version Windows API Bible.

8. Inbox Agent...Exprint.exe old Exchange AppFarm example...need Launcher.dll C++ source code

9. how can I replace old msvcrt.dll ?

10. calling old-fashioned DLL's

11. old book / old program

12. GWbasic question (OLD Language for OLD user)