Cannot open text file on mapped CD-ROM
Author Message
 Cannot open text file on mapped CD-ROM

I am attempting to open a huge (150mb) text file on a CD-ROM for read
access. The line of code I am using is:

      Open DataFile For Random Access Read As #1 Len = 1

where DataFile is a variable containing a validated filename. This works
fine on the CD-ROM on my local machine, but when I map a network CD-ROM, I
get "File/Path access error" and it won't open it.

Does anyone know the secret handshake for this?

Neil Makar

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing file from one CD-ROM in a multiple CD-ROM system

2. How to change Multi Media CD-ROM in two or more CD-ROM system

3. opening one mdb file from a CD-ROM in VB5

4. opening a mdb file from a CD-ROM with VB5

5. Opening an MDB file on a CD-ROM

6. help w/ cd-rom and cd-r/cd-rw program, please

7. problem opening mdb from CD-ROM

8. Open CD ROM?

9. How do I open a read-only database on a CD-ROM

10. opening cd-rom

11. Open CD Rom Door Crashes app

12. Open CD Rom Drive.