equivalent API call of net view \\computername 
Author Message
 equivalent API call of net view \\computername

Hi I am currently developing an app that will be used in checking for
unauthorized shares on my users machines. I need to find out the VB
equivalent to "net view \\computername" and output it either to a textbox or
a SQL table.

Cheers,

Dallas Kinzel



Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 equivalent API call of net view \\computername
Do you think you crossposted this to enough flipping newsgroups?

Sheesh!

--
MichKa
"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/


Quote:
> Hi I am currently developing an app that will be used in checking for
> unauthorized shares on my users machines. I need to find out the VB
> equivalent to "net view \\computername" and output it either to a textbox
or
> a SQL table.

> Cheers,

> Dallas Kinzel




Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 equivalent API call of net view \\computername
I have the answer to this, but I'm not sure where to post it, so I guess
I'll just post it to alt.binaries.{*filter*}.{*filter*}s.with.their.fathers or
something like that.  I don't feel like wading through all the groups that
you posted to pick the most appropriate one.

Ray


Quote:
> Hi I am currently developing an app that will be used in checking for
> unauthorized shares on my users machines. I need to find out the VB
> equivalent to "net view \\computername" and output it either to a textbox
or
> a SQL table.

> Cheers,

> Dallas Kinzel




Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 equivalent API call of net view \\computername
My apologies for the many posts, I only posted to those that I felt were
relevant and I am under a fair amount of heat to complete this project.

Once again, my apologies and thanks to Michael Hubbard for his help.



Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 equivalent API call of net view \\computername
Well, for future reference, of the groups you posted to:

microsoft.public.vb.controls.internet
microsoft.public.vb.enterprise
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

microsoft.public.vb.winapi
microsoft.public.vb.winapi.networks

only the last two were relevant.

--
MichKa
"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/


Quote:
> My apologies for the many posts, I only posted to those that I felt were
> relevant and I am under a fair amount of heat to complete this project.

> Once again, my apologies and thanks to Michael Hubbard for his help.



Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 equivalent API call of net view \\computername
something like this?

Option Explicit

Private Declare Function GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" _
    Alias "GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, _
    nSize As Long) As Long

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Text1.Text = CompName
End Sub

Private Function CompName() As String
    'KPD-Team 1998
    'URL: http://www.allapi.net/

    Dim strString As String
    'Create a buffer
    strString = String(255, Chr$(0))
    'Get the computer name
    GetComputerName strString, 255
    'remove the unnecessary chr$(0)'s
    strString = Left$(strString, InStr(1, strString, Chr$(0)))
    'Show the computer name
    CompName = strString
End Function

Mr. X


Quote:
> Hi I am currently developing an app that will be used in checking for
> unauthorized shares on my users machines. I need to find out the VB
> equivalent to "net view \\computername" and output it either to a textbox
or
> a SQL table.

> Cheers,

> Dallas Kinzel




Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 equivalent API call of net view \\computername
at least they are all VB newsgroups and he didnt post to each seperately...

Mr. X



Quote:
> Do you think you crossposted this to enough flipping newsgroups?

> Sheesh!

> --
> MichKa
> "Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

> random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
> no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/



> > Hi I am currently developing an app that will be used in checking for
> > unauthorized shares on my users machines. I need to find out the VB
> > equivalent to "net view \\computername" and output it either to a
textbox
> or
> > a SQL table.

> > Cheers,

> > Dallas Kinzel




Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 equivalent API call of net view \\computername
Hmmm... like "well, he want postal but at least he did it all at once
instead of killing people one by one, later."

Somehow I don't feel any better.

--
MichKa
"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/


Quote:
> at least they are all VB newsgroups and he didnt post to each
seperately...

> Mr. X


wrote

> > Do you think you crossposted this to enough flipping newsgroups?

> > Sheesh!

> > --
> > MichKa
> > "Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

> > random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
> > no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/



> > > Hi I am currently developing an app that will be used in checking for
> > > unauthorized shares on my users machines. I need to find out the VB
> > > equivalent to "net view \\computername" and output it either to a
> textbox
> > or
> > > a SQL table.

> > > Cheers,

> > > Dallas Kinzel




Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. equivalent API call of net view \\computername

2. equivalent API call of net view \\computername

3. equivalent API call of net view \\computername

4. VB.Net Namespace equivalents for Windows API calls

5. API equivalent call for NET TIME \\SERVER

6. NET equivalents to APIs

7. API function equivalents in .NET

8. GetModuleFileName api - any equivalent in vb.net?

9. 32 bit equivalent of 16 bit API call GetModuleUsage

10. VB5 / API equivalent to "NET USE"?

11. Equivalent API calls for Scale method in VB5

12. Creating RCAPI calls from Crystal Reports and viewing the report using a web application in .net

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software