Data Report does not display data records.
Author Message
 Data Report does not display data records.

Can someone either tell me what I am doing wrong or point me to a good
source for finding the answer.

I am using VB 6 Enterprise Edition and I am new to report design in VB.

I created a Data Report with a Data Environment Source named deSource

TheData Member is GetCertsOut, an existing command in deSource

I used drag and drop to create the fields from the data environment designer
in the data report designer.

The datamember and data field properties of the text fields on the report
appear to be properly bound

I am not sure what else to do to make this a runable report. When I load the
report the report form opens, but I see no data.  I have the same query
linked to a report designed in Access and it works just fine.

Things I have tried:

I have tried binding the Data Environment Command to a working query in the
Access Data base and
using the SQL query from that working query.

I tried to explicitly open the connection, and recordset in the Data Report
Initialize method.  That resulted in a message saying the connection and the
recordset were already open

I have tried looping through the supposedly open record set . I get a .BOF
or .EOF error telling me that the recordset doesn't have any records in it,
I think.

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:15:26 GMT

1. record sections do not match data source ( data report)

2. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

3. data control not displaying records from datagrid

4. Report.SetDataSource not displaying data

5. Data Report - Need event to access controls for each record of data

6. vb5 displays a record on screen but prints data from another record

7. Report showing sample data not the passed data!

8. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

9. Doing Single Record Word Merge Using Access Data

10. Crystal Reports - Displaying selection data in report

11. Creating Record Number at a report using ActiveX data report in VB 6

12. Help - Simply Getting Data from Extrenal Data Files (not from Access Data Base)