DataEnvironment - Changing ADO Command Execute method parameters
Author Message
 DataEnvironment - Changing ADO Command Execute method parameters

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help,

I'm using the DataEnviroment (DE) "Control" to call a database stored
procedure. Now this procedure has alot of parameters and the DE Control is
great for wraping these parameters into a nice VB function call, with the SP
parameters being parameters to the VB function call (it saves me from
defining the parameters and setting the values!!)

Unforunately I want to change the command call (via the DE class function
call) from sync to async. The class wrapper of the DE object is just
executing the SP as sync. Now I have been looking at the WillExecute Event
that is triggered BEFORE the execute. This event has the Options parameter
of the execute method, unfortunately changing this to indicate an async call
has no affect when the ADO command is evoked via the class wrapper call: ie
        DE.Command1(para1, ......, Paran)

BUT IF I pass the parameters to the ADO command object directly myself and
not via the VB function call and then execute the command, I can change the
command behaviour (either sync or async) via the Willexecute event.

Does anybody know of a workaround??

Thanks

Mick

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DataEnvironment - Changing ADO Command Execute method parameters

2. ADO Command Execute method

3. ADO Command object Execute method

4. ADO Command Execute method

5. ADO.Command Excute method with Parameters not working????

6. VB6-DataEnvironment: Executing Multiple Delete Commands (Transaction ????)

7. Using the ADO Command Object to send an Execute command

8. DataEnvironment Command with Optional Parameter problem in Oracle

9. passing parameters in dataEnvironment command

10. Trouble passing a parameter to a DataEnvironment command

11. VB6: DataEnvironment-Command: Can't create parameter query

12. Passing a time as a DataEnvironment command parameter