64 KB Size Limit for String DataType. Need Help.....
Author Message
 64 KB Size Limit for String DataType. Need Help.....

Hi ,

I am trying to store a long character array in a string type variable.
But the String variable only stores up to 64KB of characters .

I want to use a variable length String , so that there will not be any size
limitation .

Please help me , If U can .

Thanks .

Naveen.

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 64 KB Size Limit for String DataType. Need Help.....
The String data type should hold up to around 2 gigs (uses a long to
keep track of it's length). Where did that 64kb number come from.

Quote:
> Hi ,

> I am trying to store a long character array in a string type variable.
> But the String variable only stores up to 64KB of characters .

> I want to use a variable length String , so that there will not be any
size
> limitation .

> Please help me , If U can .

> Thanks .

> Naveen.

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. 64 KB Limit

2. 64 KB Limit ??????

3. 64 KB Limit

4. 64 KB Size Limit for a Text box at run time, Need Help.......

5. Edit files bigger than 64 KB?

6. 32 - 64 k limit on text box

7. Null Size of text field objects from SQLPASSTHROUGH=64

8. anyone know how to beat the 64 kb ini file limit ?

9. Crystal Report .Net Web Service ( Invalid length for a Base-64 string )

10. funtion Split(string,delimiter,limit,comp) needed - HELP

11. Needed BASE 64 code for VB 3.

12. String Size Limit in Textbox and Listbox