Show/Hide causes system crash
Author Message
 Show/Hide causes system crash

Bonnie,
This is not exactly the same scenario but I hope this helps:

I have an application where I was disabling (Enabled=False) the previous
form in my current form's Load event.  This caused an invalid page fault. I
found that if I disabled the previous form in the previous form's
procedure, I did not get the page fault, i.e.,

Sub cmdNext_Click()
        :
        :
        frmNew.Show
        frmOld.Enabled = False
        :
End Sub

This does not pertain to a modal Show method call, but, hopefully this will
point you in a positive direction.

Brian

Quote:
> Symptom:

> In VB4.0a the following application works fine.  In VB5.0, my system
> (Windows 95 4.00.950a w/Plus! for Windows 95) locks up very tight.
> Sometimes I can CTL-ALT-DEL but the task manager has the Shutdown option
> disabled.  In the end, I always have to hard reboot.  After the first
> reboot my Windows 95 startup halts with a message that the VMM32.VXD
> file is either missting or corrupt.  Usually the next time I reboot
> everything comes back up ok (so far I've never had to reboot more than 3
> times.)  It happens both from the EXE and from the development
> environment.

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Flash 10 OCX update causing System Error crash in vb6 IDE

2. Find out if Hidden Files are shown on user's system

3. Hide and show hidden files with vb4 32-bit

4. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

5. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

6. Query Left Join Causes Access to crash only in Windows 2000

7. Updating MDE Library Reference causes Access to Crash!

8. Add-in causes Outlook crash when Outlook launches as a result of email hyperlink

9. Custom ActiveX controls cause MS-Office 2000 forms to crash

10. VB6 - Excel Export compiled under XP causes crash under W98

11. Digital signature causes Word crash

12. Compatibility Problem Using MS Excel 97 VBA on Excel 2000/XP - Causes crashes