Accessing Outlook 98 from VB6
Author Message
 Accessing Outlook 98 from VB6

I have an application that creates an Outlook object (early binding) and
both manipulates and responds to various Outlook objects and events.  My
problem is with Outlook 98.  The app works fine with Outlook 2000 and XP but
I get an ActiveX error (cannot create object).  Trouble is, I don't have a
machine with Outlook 98 to work through the problem.   I'm hoping someone
can enlighten me as to...

Differences in accessing Outlook 98 vs Outlook 2000 application objects.

Ways to detect the version of Outlook that is currently on the system

TIA

--
Scott Holmes
Houston, TX

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:36:40 GMT
 Accessing Outlook 98 from VB6
Your solution will be to use late binding instead of early binding.

The app is build using the Outlook 2000 dll's and if you want to run it with
Outlook 98', it cannot find it's dll's.

So you need to find another solution for the Outlook events that you're
using and then use late binding.

HTH,
Evert

--
=======================================
My email address has been altered to

Replies to the newsgroup only, please.

Thanks,
Evert Timmer:
Transworld Software
VC++, VB6, SQL Server Database Solutions
http://www.transworld-software.com (under construction)
=======================================

Quote:
> I have an application that creates an Outlook object (early binding) and
> both manipulates and responds to various Outlook objects and events.  My
> problem is with Outlook 98.  The app works fine with Outlook 2000 and XP
but
> I get an ActiveX error (cannot create object).  Trouble is, I don't have a
> machine with Outlook 98 to work through the problem.   I'm hoping someone
> can enlighten me as to...

> Differences in accessing Outlook 98 vs Outlook 2000 application objects.

> Ways to detect the version of Outlook that is currently on the system

> TIA

> --
> Scott Holmes
> Houston, TX

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:49:12 GMT

1. Search in Outlook 98/2000 using wildcards in VB6

2. vb6 and outlook 98 problem reference

3. How to read Emails using Outlook 98 object in VB6

4. Outlook 97/98(tasks)--> Access (97)

5. Email Using Outlook 98 From Access 97

6. Get details from Outlook 98 from Access 97

7. coding access and outlook 98

8. Reference Problem - Access - Outlook 98

9. Outlook 98 in Access

10. Dr. Watson Access Violation Outlook 98

11. Accessing Outlook 98 (POP3) Contacts with VB 5

12. Accessing Outlook 98 Address Book programmatically