Start a Console App and read it's output
Author Message
 Start a Console App and read it's output

Hi

I am attempting to write some code to start a console application and read
it's STDOUT.

I have been experimenting with the code found at :

http://www.*-*-*.com/

However this code only seems to read 100 odd bytes of data from the console
app.

I have tried various methods of reading from the pipe, the msdn article on
ReadFile says that it will return 0 for nBytesRead when it comes to EOF, but
it just hangs on the call to ReadFile.

Has anyone had any experience in doing what I am trying to do?

If so, can you help me out?? :)  Thanks!!

Regards
Chris

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:04:32 GMT

1. Start a Console App and read it's output

2. Console Gurus: Capture output from console app

3. Print output from console app in my VB app instead

4. Reading Console Output

5. Getting the output from a console app into VB

6. Console/DOS App output remapping

7. reading console output as it changes?

8. Reading Console output from a win32 application

9. Getting output from a console app?

10. How to read the output of a console application

11. Writing output to a console the console window

12. want output to dos console (calling console), not a new window