vb workstation configuration advise
Author Message
 vb workstation configuration advise

Hi,

does anyone know what MS recommends as the minimum requirements for a
workstation, and what realistic recommendation would be for a developer.

Thank you,

Ray

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 vb workstation configuration advise

Quote:

>does anyone know what MS recommends as the minimum requirements for a
>workstation, and what realistic recommendation would be for a developer.

I'm not sure what the official, MS, minimum requirements are, but they're
probably too low.

My bare minimum recommendation would be a P133, 32mb RAM, a 15" monitor with
decent video card, and enough hard disk space to do a full install of any
needed software comfortably. Note that this isn't the most productive setup,
but you can work with it (I've had to on occasion). If this is an install
under NT, bump the RAM up to 64mb and the processor up to 166mhz.

My preferred recommendation would be P300+, 64mb+ RAM (96mb+ for NT), 17"
monitor with 8mb video ram, and a huge amount of hard disk space (10gb+).

Frank Carr

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. internet workstation to workstation

2. advise on field name changes, vb

3. Events in VB : Please advise !!??!!

4. using VB to call VC++ advise

5. Advise , Can VB something like this ?

6. I am making a VB game, that is like Final Fantasy, and need some advise

7. VB Contractors: Please Advise

8. VB Contractors: Please Advise

9. How to print VB code nicely (need advise)

10. I need advise on VB books

11. Need advise about Spell Ckecker for VB

12. acces/vb/internet advise needed