LOCAL APP --> CLIENT SERVER APP
Author Message
 LOCAL APP --> CLIENT SERVER APP

Until now I always build applications suited for stand-alone pc's. Now I
want to use an app in a network. I noticed that using my app in a network
caused no problems, but ...

When I want to assign a superuser who can make adjustments to my app; How do
I register these settings? Normally they would be registered in de Windows
Registry. But how does that work in a network?

Help?

Harold Vanhommerig

Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LOCAL APP --> CLIENT SERVER APP
It depends whether your registry settings are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER and whether the network has roaming profiles or not.

Simon Jones
MillStream Designs Ltd
Independent IT Consultants

Quote:

>Until now I always build applications suited for stand-alone pc's. Now I
>want to use an app in a network. I noticed that using my app in a network
>caused no problems, but ...

>When I want to assign a superuser who can make adjustments to my app; How do
>I register these settings? Normally they would be registered in de Windows
>Registry. But how does that work in a network?

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Client App wants Server App to start

2. Launch app on Server to client, from client

3. porting Local DB app to internet DB app?

4. how can i use net stop / net start for a server service from my local app

5. Passing structures from C++ app to a VB client app through Network connection using COM

6. Communicating Server app in Unix to several VB.NET clients

7. client server app

8. Re - Crystal reports(V4.60) problem in Client/server App

9. Client/Server apps via VB6 Pro?

10. help: simple client server apps has an error

11. WinBBS - For Your Online Client/Server Databae Apps

12. How do I make a client - server app in vb3