Diff Utility
Author Message
 Diff Utility

Hi All,

First I would like to say thanks for the replies to previous posts and I
have been recommending this resource to all VB Developers I talk to.

Now, another inquiry!
I was looking for a Vb source code difference utility that allows me to list
the differences between 2 versions of files and allows me to set filter
which differences to show.

EX:Don't show blank lines,etc...

I have been using the Visual SourceSafe diff utility but if my source code
lines are long they get truncated.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance,

Brian Flynn
--
Software Developer
Dymaxion Research

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Diff Utility
Hey everybody: Another major cross posting!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
> Hi All,

> First I would like to say thanks for the replies to previous posts and I
> have been recommending this resource to all VB Developers I talk to.

> Now, another inquiry!
> I was looking for a Vb source code difference utility that allows me to
list
> the differences between 2 versions of files and allows me to set filter
> which differences to show.

> EX:Don't show blank lines,etc...

> I have been using the Visual SourceSafe diff utility but if my source code
> lines are long they get truncated.

> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

> Thanks in advance,

> Brian Flynn
> --
> Software Developer
> Dymaxion Research

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Diff Utility
I would suggest splitting your single line of code into multiple lines with
the continuation character.

sSomeString = "This is a long line of code that " & _
                             "I will split up for readability."

BTW, Please don't crosspost!

Quote:
> Hi All,

> First I would like to say thanks for the replies to previous posts and I
> have been recommending this resource to all VB Developers I talk to.

> Now, another inquiry!
> I was looking for a Vb source code difference utility that allows me to
list
> the differences between 2 versions of files and allows me to set filter
> which differences to show.

> EX:Don't show blank lines,etc...

> I have been using the Visual SourceSafe diff utility but if my source code
> lines are long they get truncated.

> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

> Thanks in advance,

> Brian Flynn
> --
> Software Developer
> Dymaxion Research

Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Diff Utility
Just curious, what is wrong with crossposting if it applies to more than one
group?  i understand with garbage spam and crossposting to a lot of groups, but
isn't okay to cross post to a few specialized groups?
Quote:

> I would suggest splitting your single line of code into multiple lines with
> the continuation character.

> sSomeString = "This is a long line of code that " & _
>                              "I will split up for readability."

> BTW, Please don't crosspost!

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Diff Utility
Personally, I see no problem with crossposting (if done in the way you
did it (that is all selected groups at once vs the same exact question
posted to several groups, one at a time))
But others seem to think that 3 groups is about the upper limit for
posting. Out of the groups you posted to:

microsoft.public.vb.3rdparty
microsoft.public.vb.addins
microsoft.public.vb.com
microsoft.public.vb.controls
microsoft.public.vb.enterprise
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
microsoft.public.vb.yellowpages

I can see 4 that are valid

microsoft.public.vb.3rdparty
microsoft.public.vb.addins
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
microsoft.public.vb.yellowpages

Since:

microsoft.public.vb.com
microsoft.public.vb.controls
microsoft.public.vb.enterprise

don't really have anything to do with comparing code.
2 spent

Quote:
> Just curious, what is wrong with crossposting if it applies to more
than one
> group?  i understand with garbage spam and crossposting to a lot of
groups, but
> isn't okay to cross post to a few specialized groups?

> > I would suggest splitting your single line of code into multiple
lines with
> > the continuation character.

> > sSomeString = "This is a long line of code that " & _
> >                              "I will split up for readability."

> > BTW, Please don't crosspost!

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Diff Utility
How do you post  for more then one group at a time,  I hear it all the time
but don't know how to do it.

From what I understand  if you make a post for multiple groups at once any
answer in any of the group will be seen .  Am I right ??????

Quote:
> Personally, I see no problem with crossposting (if done in the way you
> did it (that is all selected groups at once vs the same exact question
> posted to several groups, one at a time))
> But others seem to think that 3 groups is about the upper limit for
> posting. Out of the groups you posted to:

> microsoft.public.vb.3rdparty
> microsoft.public.vb.addins
> microsoft.public.vb.com
> microsoft.public.vb.controls
> microsoft.public.vb.enterprise
> microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
> microsoft.public.vb.yellowpages

> I can see 4 that are valid

> microsoft.public.vb.3rdparty
> microsoft.public.vb.addins
> microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
> microsoft.public.vb.yellowpages

> Since:

> microsoft.public.vb.com
> microsoft.public.vb.controls
> microsoft.public.vb.enterprise

> don't really have anything to do with comparing code.
> 2 spent

> > Just curious, what is wrong with crossposting if it applies to more
> than one
> > group?  i understand with garbage spam and crossposting to a lot of
> groups, but
> > isn't okay to cross post to a few specialized groups?

> > > I would suggest splitting your single line of code into multiple
> lines with
> > > the continuation character.

> > > sSomeString = "This is a long line of code that " & _
> > >                              "I will split up for readability."

> > > BTW, Please don't crosspost!

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Diff Utility
Well... In Outlook Express anyway, you would select the 'New Post'
command button.
When that brings up an empty email dialog, there should be the following
captions.
News Server: What ever news server you're using.
Newsgroups: <<---- This is a command button.. Clicking here brings up a
dialog titled 'Pick Newsgroups' The column on the left shows all that
you're subscribed to and the column on the right shows the ones selected
for this post. Clicking on add/remove buttons manipulate the list.
Cc: This button opens up your address book as if you were sending plain
email.
Subject: Well... You know...

Quote:
> How do you post  for more then one group at a time,  I hear it all the
time
> but don't know how to do it.

> From what I understand  if you make a post for multiple groups at once
any
> answer in any of the group will be seen .  Am I right ??????

> > Personally, I see no problem with crossposting (if done in the way
you
> > did it (that is all selected groups at once vs the same exact
question
> > posted to several groups, one at a time))
> > But others seem to think that 3 groups is about the upper limit for
> > posting. Out of the groups you posted to:

> > microsoft.public.vb.3rdparty
> > microsoft.public.vb.addins
> > microsoft.public.vb.com
> > microsoft.public.vb.controls
> > microsoft.public.vb.enterprise
> > microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
> > microsoft.public.vb.yellowpages

> > I can see 4 that are valid

> > microsoft.public.vb.3rdparty
> > microsoft.public.vb.addins
> > microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
> > microsoft.public.vb.yellowpages

> > Since:

> > microsoft.public.vb.com
> > microsoft.public.vb.controls
> > microsoft.public.vb.enterprise

> > don't really have anything to do with comparing code.
> > 2 spent

> > > Just curious, what is wrong with crossposting if it applies to
more
> > than one
> > > group?  i understand with garbage spam and crossposting to a lot
of
> > groups, but
> > > isn't okay to cross post to a few specialized groups?

> > lines with

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Diff Utility
Thank you very much  :-)

Quote:
> Just curious, what is wrong with crossposting if it applies to more than
one
> group?  i understand with garbage spam and crossposting to a lot of
groups, but
> isn't okay to cross post to a few specialized groups?

> > I would suggest splitting your single line of code into multiple lines
with
> > the continuation character.

> > sSomeString = "This is a long line of code that " & _
> >                              "I will split up for readability."

> > BTW, Please don't crosspost!

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Diff Utility

2. Diff Utility

3. ADODB Connection String- Two Diff Examples - Two Diff Errors

4. HELP! RGB Yields Diff. Colors in Diff. Windows

5. Start Time / End Time Diff?

6. Time Diff with negative values

7. Comparing data in diff fields

8. Need Code to get date diff differently than DateDiff

9. Diff between MeetingItem and MailItem

10. Passing same data to 2 diff places using bookmarks

11. How to diff a Word .dot template file???

12. Diff. between Merge Module and CAB projects