VID 6, VB 6, ASP 2: Passing arrays from VBScript to a VB COM component.
Author Message
 VID 6, VB 6, ASP 2: Passing arrays from VBScript to a VB COM component.

I've written a VB 6 ActiveX DLL that resides in MTS.  From my ASP page, I
create an object of my COM component and try to call it.  It works fine, and
I've made several calls to the component, calling various methods . . .

. . . until now.

One of the methods that I call passes an array.  In VB, an array MUST be
passed by reference.  Now the data type of the array I'm passing is of type
Date (VB data type).

My first question is: Can you pass arrays from ASP to VB MTS components?

Second question: Assuming the answer to the first question is "Yes", is it
necessary that the data types of the arrays I pass be Variant, instead of
something like Date (or Real, or Integer, etc)?

Rod

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem passing VB COM+ ASP Request object to .NET component System.Web.HTTPRequest through COM interop

2. Passing Variant Array from ASP to COM Component

3. Passing Variant Array from ASP to COM Component

4. Passing arrays from ASP To VB-components...need help

5. Passing an array from ASP to VB 6 ActiveX component

6. Passing an array from ASP to VB 6 ActiveX component

7. Passing Arrays between ASP/VBScript and ActiveX Components...

8. Passing Arrays between ASP/VBScript and ActiveX Components...

9. Returning arrays from VB/VC components or VBScript to JavaScript in ASP

10. Passing Multi-Dimensional arrays to COM objects from VBScript/ASP

11. Returning arrays from VB/VC components or VBScript to JavaScript in ASP

12. Passing UDTs from ASP to COM Components