Code Substitution
Author Message
 Code Substitution

Can you do this in VB

Back in the OLD days of Clipper you could store a variable name in another variable and expand it at run time with the & in front of it. What I would like to do is access a property without coding every possible value for processing.

I have a listview control set to be checkboxes

In the list view I have placed possible outlook contact properties in plain text and stored the property text as the index value.

If the user checks the value for printing it would be easier to just retreive the property id from the index field rather than coding all possible choices. Something like

mycontact = some outlook contact
for each item in listview1
   cval = mycontact.listview1.item.index

Thanx in advance

John Price
Business Equipment Compnay

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 03:08:17 GMT

1. Need A Guru's Help - Dynamic Code Substitution

2. Code to do byte substitution

3. Does Literal Substitution (Macro Substitution) exist in VB3, VB4 or VB5??

4. macro substitution?

5. Substitution of character starting from a table

6. Access equivalent for Macro substitution inf FOXPRO

7. Variable name substitution.

8. Macros substitution

9. Need Help with Macro Substitution/Indirect Addressing

10. String substitution

11. Macro substitution

12. String Substitutions