Get directory only (Not File)
Author Message
 Get directory only (Not File)

Hi

Anyone know how to allow a user to select directory only. I need to save

files to the selected directory, so I don't want to display filename
field or such.

I would prefer using Win API to do this. I checked GetOpenFilename and
GetSaveFilename but couldn't find anything that will disable the
Filename field in the dialog.

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get directory only (Not File)
You need to use the Browse For Folder api... For a good example, See....

http://mvps.org/vbnet/code/callback/browsecallback.htm

Quote:
> Hi

> Anyone know how to allow a user to select directory only. I need to save

> files to the selected directory, so I don't want to display filename
> field or such.

> I would prefer using Win API to do this. I checked GetOpenFilename and
> GetSaveFilename but couldn't find anything that will disable the
> Filename field in the dialog.

> Thanks in advance.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get directory only (Not File)

I found Win API function SHBrowseForFolder but that only lists existing
folders. I also want to allow the user to create new folders if needed (as
in open/save common dialog).

Quote:

> Hi

> Anyone know how to allow a user to select directory only. I need to save

> files to the selected directory, so I don't want to display filename
> field or such.

> I would prefer using Win API to do this. I checked GetOpenFilename and
> GetSaveFilename but couldn't find anything that will disable the
> Filename field in the dialog.

> Thanks in advance.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting ALL directories & sub directories

2. Getting Start Menu Directory and Favorites Directory Paths by API

3. Getting list of files in a directory

4. Help getting directory files

5. Getting Directory and File Info

6. getting file attributes inside a directory

7. Getting a list of files in a directory

8. Getting all files in a directory [URGENT]

9. Getting the size of files directories, and drives....

10. VB4 API for getting totals of all files in all subdirectories from current directory

11. getting list of files in a directory

12. Getting a detailed directory listing using Internet transfer control, file sizes