SQL Server tables Read-Only in VISDATA (Visual Data Manager)
Author Message
 SQL Server tables Read-Only in VISDATA (Visual Data Manager)

Hi,

    I am not able to edit/update/insert any SQL Server tables in "Visual
Data Manager" provided with VB 5.0 Enterprise edition. I am able to connect
to the Sql Server and I can see tables in read-only format.

Any Ideas...please help me
Lambert

Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Server tables Read-Only in VISDATA (Visual Data Manager)

Make sure that you have primary keys on the tables to be updated.  Also, do
not use complex joins (at least until you get the tables updating).

HTH,
Steve

Quote:
> Hi,

>     I am not able to edit/update/insert any SQL Server tables in "Visual
> Data Manager" provided with VB 5.0 Enterprise edition. I am able to
connect
> to the Sql Server and I can see tables in read-only format.

> Any Ideas...please help me
> Lambert

Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Server tables Read-Only in VISDATA (Visual Data Manager)

Hi Steve,

    Thank you very very much....I really helped me a lot...Wish you a very
happy new year to you.

Bye
Lambert

Quote:

>Make sure that you have primary keys on the tables to be updated.  Also, do
>not use complex joins (at least until you get the tables updating).

>HTH,
>Steve

>> Hi,

>>     I am not able to edit/update/insert any SQL Server tables in "Visual
>> Data Manager" provided with VB 5.0 Enterprise edition. I am able to
>connect
>> to the Sql Server and I can see tables in read-only format.

>> Any Ideas...please help me
>> Lambert

Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Server tables Read-Only in VISDATA (Visual Data Manager)

All tables which do not have primary indexes will be read only to VISDATA
and any Visual Basic application using ODBC,JET connections.

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server tables Read-Only in VISDATA (Visual Data Manager)

2. Visual Data Manager and SQL Server 2000

3. VB5 Visual Data Manager vs. VB4 Data Manager

4. Visdata\Data Manager

5. VB6.0 Visual Data Manager to read Access 2000 .mdb's

6. Visual Component Manager and SQL Server ?

7. Help!- SQL Server 6.5 table is read only!

8. Reading a comma delimited text file and inserting the values into SQL Server table

9. ADOX.Append Creates a Read-Only Linked Table to SQL Server 7.0

10. VisData with SQL server

11. using excel data in vb's visual data manager

12. visual data manager form and data report