FTP
Author Message
 FTP

I was wondering if VB can be used to FTP a file onto a FTP server , and also
to  get a file from an FTP server.

Thanks

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 06:23:16 GMT
 FTP
sure, look into the inet control or the winsock control.

Quote:
> I was wondering if VB can be used to FTP a file onto a FTP server , and
also
> to  get a file from an FTP server.

> Thanks

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:42:09 GMT
 FTP
Instead of the wrapper controls, you can also use API directly, see if the
following KB article helps:

Q175179 SAMPLE: VBFTP.EXE: Implementing FTP Using WinInet API from VB
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q175/1/79.ASP

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:51:08 GMT

1. ftp://ftp.basicguru.com/pub/dnavarro/

2. FTP - determining if incoming FTP file is loaded before FTPing it out

3. FTP - Get File Date from FTP Site

4. How To FTP a File To FTP Server

5. FTP Trouble with winsock and FTP object!!!!

6. The FTP-SPY: yet another ftp-freeware (written in VB4.0)

7. FTP ls _vs_ FTP from Browser

8. Internet Transfer Control - Cannot FTP to Intranet FTP sites

9. Ftp to Ftp transfers (and assorted other thingies)

10. FTP via VB to an FTP Server

11. Q VB4.0 beginner: What FTP sites have kbvb32.exe? I can't get it from ftp.microsoft and ftp.sn.no

12. Is there a good ActiveX Object for FTP transfers or FTP.exe command line commands I can execute with a shell?