Redistributing ADO
Author Message
 Redistributing ADO

Hello

I wrote a VB5/6 Application that uses ADO and I used the setup wizard, I do
not know which files to add such that ADO gets installed properly on the
clinet. I had to install ADO on the client site for my appclication to work.
Does any one know which files or DLL do I need to add while using the setup
wizard.

Thanks

Yaz

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Redistributing ADO

|Hello
|
|I wrote a VB5/6 Application that uses ADO and I used the setup
wizard, I do
|not know which files to add such that ADO gets installed properly on
the
|clinet. I had to install ADO on the client site for my appclication
to work.
|Does any one know which files or DLL do I need to add while using the
setup
|wizard.

The client setup for ADO that you want is mdac_typ.exe.  If you
installed ADO on your developing machine and accepted defaults it
should be in the C:\MSDASDK\Redist\x86 folder. (...assuming you want
to install on a x86 machine.  If not, there is also an alpha setup in
the alpha folder.)

;-) Cool
Hasta Luego
Adrian Maull [MCSD]

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Redistribute ADO 1.5 with VB 5.0

2. Redistributing ADO

3. Redistributing .NET package

4. Redistributing .NET Framework

5. Redistributing Applications With Errors

6. Redistribute the Dotnetfx with my Setup ?

7. Redistributing a VB exe

8. Redistribute DAO 3.6

9. legally redistribute?

10. ODBC 3.5 drivers - how to redistribute?

11. Redistribute DAO 3.6

12. Creating installation pack and redistributing DSNs