Installing SQL Driver with application developed in VB 5.0
Author Message
 Installing SQL Driver with application developed in VB 5.0

I have an application developed using VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition (and
User Connection) with MS SQL Server 6.5 as the backend. Using the
Application Setup Wizard, I created setup diskettes which can be readily
distributed on client computers. The clients are running Windows NT 4.0
workstation.  I need to define the DNS using the ODBC function in the
Control Panel. However, the client computers do not have SQL Server
Driver pre-installed. Short of installing the SQL Utilities program
(which will then install the SQL driver), what do I have to do in the
Setup Wizard to make the application automatically install the SQL
Server Driver or do I have to do it in code to update the NT registry?
If it's the latter, what should I do?

Anyone have experience with this? Would appreciate if you could show me
how?

Thanks in advance.

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing SQL Driver with application developed in VB 5.0

I had this problem and this is how I solved it.
The setup wizard or setup project cannot do the ODBC setup.
My application setup is done in two phases.

1- I install the ODBC 32-bit manager along with the drivers
2- I install my application.

Step one is done when it is only necessary.

Included with VB 5.0 EE is a setup program for the ODBC.
You should find it here:
    C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VB\ODBC

Glenn Deschnes.

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Installing SQL Driver with application developed in VB 5.0

2. Install Shield 5.0 with VB 5.0 App

3. 16 bit SQL Driver VS 32 bit SQL Driver

4. 16 bit SQL Driver VS 32 bit SQL Driver

5. SQL Native Driver install

6. Using VB 5.0 to develop a PPP dial-up

7. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]

8. How to access RDO with VB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 5.0

9. How to install MS SQL server ODBC driver when installing a VB5 application ?

10. Problem with VB 5.0 apps after VB 6.0 install

11. Connecting to an Access 95 database via an ODBC driver in VB 5.0

12. Need to test print driver options with VB 5.0/OLE