Help: Passing recordsets between MTS components error
Author Message
 Help: Passing recordsets between MTS components error

I have written a simple n-tier application with SQL server
6.5 and MTS coded entirely in VB6. I have a business
services DLL and a data services DLL.

When I run these in MTS with a client installation (using
an MTS-generated executable) I get a 'Type mismatch' error
on passing a disassociated recordset from a data services
object to an object variable in business services.

The problem doesn't show up at all when the code is run as
a project within VB6 - only when the middle tiers are
packaged up in MTS.

I am totally baffled - all suggestions gratefully received.

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Passing recordsets between MTS components error
My first guess would be that you have fields that are defined as adVariant.
ADO cannot convert the data stored in fields that are one of the following
data type, when the ADO column has been defined as adVariant:

DBTYPE_BSTR
DBTYPE_IDISPATCH
DBTYPE_VARIANT
DBTYPE_IUNKNOWN

Is that correct?  If so try declaring the fields as something other then
adVariant.

--
Matthew Arnheiter
Flash Creative Management

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ] Problem passing ADO recordsets to VB6 MTS Component

2. ] Problem passing ADO recordsets to VB6 MTS Component

3. Error 800a0007 Unspecified Error When Passing Disconnected Recordset from MTS to ASP

4. passing errors from MTS components to ASP

5. Error calling CR from MTS components (error 20545, 2099)

6. passing UDT as parameter of a method for MTS Component

7. problem: passing UDT as parameter of a method for MTS Component

8. problem: passing UDT as parameter of a method for MTS Component

9. Permission denied passing Object to MTS component.

10. Trouble Passing VB6 Collection Object to VB6 Component in MTS

11. MTS component returning a recordset question

12. Databinding using ADO Recordset from MTS Component