graphics
Author Message
 graphics

hi
can any one help i am a teacher trying to write a basic (i assume) program
in vb that will enable students to do basic test papers on a pc.  the
problem is, i can text using printer.print  but i also need to print
graphics on the same page and the print quality of printform is to low plus
i am not sure how to combine printing with printform and printer.print if
indeed it is possible. the idea of the test paper is to give students with
learning difficulties neat presentable work they are proud and introducing
others to the keyboard etc to help towards there it skills

thanks peter

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 graphics
Hi!

I don't think what you are trying to do is easy, but here is a tip
that might fit the bill. I'm not going to post the complete thing to
the newsgroup, but if you have trouble finding it you could mail
me. It involves using API-calls, so I hope somebody else can
give you a better hint...

Nils R Grotnes

LONG: How to Print a Metafile and Text to Form or Printer
Last reviewed: May 21, 1998
Article ID: Q113682

1.00 2.00 3.00 WINDOWS kbprint

- Professional Edition of Microsoft Visual Basic for Windows,

  versions 1.0 (Professional Toolkit only), 2.0, and 3.0

SUMMARY
Visual Basic has only one native method for printing graphical objects, the PrintForm method. The PrintForm method is limited to
printing one form per page and there is no way to control the placement of the image on the page or to place text on the same page
with the image.

This article shows by example how to print Windows metafiles, such as those created by the graph control of the Professional
edition, along with text, to the printer, a form, or a picture control. The size and placement of both the metafile and the text are
under the program's control.

Quote:

>hi
>can any one help i am a teacher trying to write a basic (i assume) program
>in vb that will enable students to do basic test papers on a pc.  the
>problem is, i can text using printer.print  but i also need to print
>graphics on the same page and the print quality of printform is to low plus
>i am not sure how to combine printing with printform and printer.print if
>indeed it is possible. the idea of the test paper is to give students with
>learning difficulties neat presentable work they are proud and introducing
>others to the keyboard etc to help towards there it skills

>thanks peter

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. graphics filter to convert array(x,y) to standard graphics

2. Saving graphics objects to an standard graphics file

3. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

4. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

5. Overlaying text onto a graphic and saving as graphic

6. How to overlay graphics on text/graphics

7. Need graphics expert! How to draw a large graphics image in memory?

8. - Help Please, I am sending an HTML Form with graphics from a VB5 .exe graphics don't show? (0/1)

9. UI graphics issues: how to get smooth graphics for form and control transitions?

10. UI graphics issues: how to get smooth graphics for form and control transitions?

11. Graphics in reports

12. Graphic source in code??